For vintage package collectors...
  Re: (...)
In the market today there was this HUGE Spam display. Would you believe, it's Spam's 70th anniversary?! Anwyay, they will have three collector's issue cans. The first one is kind of neat, if any of you collect vintage food packaging.
  Re: For vintage package collectors... by Ron (In the market today ...)
UGH!!!! NO offence/offense intended---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: For vintage package collectors... by Roxanne 21 (UGH!!!! NO offence...)
Quote:

UGH!!!! NO offence/offense intended---Smile

I used to live in southern Minnesota 32 miles from the Hormel plant. A guy I went to high school with wound up working there (result of not paying attention in class). When I asked him what was in it he said "You don't want to know!
  Re: Re: For vintage package collectors... by Ron ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Actually, we eat fried spam for breakfast or an occasional sandwich...even knowing what's in it. Now, it has about priced itself out of the market...almost $3 a can.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: For vintage package collectors... by bjcotton (Actually, we eat fri...)
Quote:

Actually, we eat fried spam for breakfast or an occasional sandwich...even knowing what's in it. Now, it has about priced itself out of the market...almost $3 a can.

That's pretty expensive for mystery meat. Here it's $1.98 and I usally can scrounge a 50 cent off coupon.
UGH!!!! My point---
I don't want to know what's in it! We like it too! It's not something that I use regularly but we like to fry it nice and crisp, top with melty cheese and serve it on squishy white bread. Also like to dice it up, brown it in a skillet to use in an omelet. Guess you can tell I'm a child of the 50's.?? Mom used to let us have a glass of chocolate milk with it, too! Kind of odd how almost no one was overweight either.

Ron, I bought one of those collector's tins recently, I think it may have been from Walmart. Priced at about $1.98, I think. Didn't save it though, I don't really collect anything. (oops, except kitchen gadgets!)

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
WHAT!!!!!!!!!! ??????? NO WAY!!!! I can't believe that is still on the market (shelves).
  Re: Re: For vintage package collectors... by Mare749 (I don't want to know...)
Guess I'm on another planet- SORRY, Y'ALL!!!
  Re: Re: For vintage package collectors... by Roxanne 21 (Guess I'm on another...)
Quote:

Guess I'm on another planet-Sad SORRY, Y'ALL!!!

Okay, Roxanne, it is mandatory that you take the Spam indoctrination course.
http://www.spam.com/