Brownies w/Jack Daniel's Frosting
  Re: (...)
This is the recipe that Billy posted a while back. Just made it today and have to tell all of you how good it is, especially with a good strong cup of coffee. Now that I'm thinking about it, a scoop of vanilla ice cream would be even better. Fantastic!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Brownies w/Jack Daniel's Frosting by Mare749 (This is the recipe t...)
Ah ha! You discovered how good they are huh? I'd give whoever came up with that recipe if I could remember.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Brownies w/Jack Daniel's Frosting by Mare749 (This is the recipe t...)
Um, the recipe? Please?????
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Brownies w/Jack Daniel's Frosting by foodfiend (Um, the recipe? Ple...)
Here you go:

Eat Your Heart Out Brownies w/Jack Daniel's Frosting
Recipe by: Monica Grinnel courtesy of BJ Cotton

BROWNIES
5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
10 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick & 2 1/2 Tbs), softened
4 large eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
JACK DANIELS FROSTING
1 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1/4 cup unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
2 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons half and half
1 tablespoon Jack Daniels Whiskey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. 1. BROWNIES: Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a 9- X 13-inch baking pan. In the top of a double boiler over hot water, melt the chocolate and butter together.

2. 2. Beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until the consistency of mayonnaise, about 4 to 5 minutes.

3. 3. Stir the melted chocolate and butter into the egg mixture. Add the flour, vanilla and almond extract and stir until just combined. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

4. FROSTING: In the top of a double boiler over hot water, melt the chocolate and butter.

5. 2. Combine the powdered sugar, half-and-half, whiskey and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add the melted chocolate and butter and beat until smooth. The mixture will be slightly runny but will stiffen as it cools. Spread over cooled brownies.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Brownies w/Jack Daniel's Frosting by Mare749 (Here you go:[br][br]...)
Coffee and Chocolate - one of my absolute favorites! One reason I keep my dessert for breakfast!!

I've made those also, Maryann - they are great!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Brownies w/Jack Daniel's Frosting by cjs (Coffee and Chocolate...)
Those things are just plain decadent! Gawd how I love them! Hmmmm - may have to make some for Bob's lunches - yeah, right Bob's lunches!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Brownies w/Jack Daniel's Frosting by foodfiend (Um, the recipe? Ple...)
Yeah!! You can't make me read brownies and JD and not give a recipe..that's just cruel. They have laws about this type of cruelty Tongue
  Re: Re: Brownies w/Jack Daniel's Frosting by DFen911 (Yeah!! You can't mak...)
Sounds yummy! Can't wait to try this one.
  Re: Re: Brownies w/Jack Daniel's Frosting by Mare749 (Here you go:[br][br]...)
Maryann, thanks so much for posting-- these look incredibly wonderful, and I can't wait to try them.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Brownies w/Jack Daniel's Frosting by foodfiend (Maryann, thanks so m...)
Hey Maryann, how about a picture..or is it too late?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy