Review - BLT Pasta Salad
  Re: (...)
Yet another very successful recipe. This was a great pasta dish. I also did some braised artichoke hearts. Darn things were on sale so how could I pass that up. I wish I had remember just what a pain it is to fabricate a fresh artichoke. If you used canned they'd probably fall apart.

Back to the pasta salad. I made some changes and some side notes.

Bread Crumb topping. I did this with the french bread as instructed but instead of 1 clove of garlic I did two. Good call. I also did them in the oven vs the stove top. I put them into a 425 degree oven and got them nice and toasty. Do the bread crumbs first thing.

I also doubled the spinach. The 1 cup they called for just didn't add enough to our liking.

Now for the 'sauce'. I kept out a can of chicken broth and my olive oil. Once the wine evaporated and you add the scant 1/2 cup of chicken stock it evaporates rather quickly. So I kept the tomatoes warm and just before my pasta was done I turned the heat up, added a bit more stock and about 4 tbs of evo. Stir well, add spinach and let wilt and pop in the pasta.

The flavor was great and the bread crumb topping added a nice crunch. We loved this dish. Serve with a nice Chardonnay. This one is a keeper.

Re: Review - BLT Pasta Salad by DFen911 (Yet another very suc...)
Sounds very Yummy Denise. Just to save me a bit of time with hunting,could you post which issue is that in?
Thanks,
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Review - BLT Pasta Salad by DFen911 (Yet another very suc...)
We tried it and thought it was good, but not great. Made it on a night when our son, Johnny, came over from the dorm for dinner. He was hungry for some red meat, and this wasn't what he had in mind!

I like your modifications, Denise, and will make note of them and give it another try.

It is in the latest issue, #63.
  Re: Re: Review - BLT Pasta Salad by HomeCulinarian (We tried it and thou...)
Muchas gracias señora,
Will also make note of your mods Denise
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Review - BLT Pasta Salad by farnfam (Muchas gracias señor...)
It's issue # 63.

I went over to the members plus site and they don't seem to be updating it anymore. They used to have all the recipes uploaded and now they don't seem to have any of the recipes from the last 2-3 magazines

I also tried the sweet tea and have to say this was a no go with my family. We ended pouring the rest down the drain. I should have known better because none of us put sugar in our tea Let alone 1.5 cups of it lol!

I wanted to do the mango raspberry crisps but no mangos in our stores. Not even frozen ones.

Halibut here is still so outrageous in price I can't try the slow pouched Halibut yet. I refuse to pay $18.99 a lb for it. (pricipal I guess)