Hey Grampa, What's for Supper Tomorrow?
  Re: (...)
Pork Cutlets Diane, Smashed Red Potatoes, roast carrots, brussels sprouts, and parsnips, cornbread muffins and Southern Iced Tea, with Cherry pie and French Vanilla ice cream with Rolled Ginger Snap Sticks! [I'm going to tightly roll the Ginger Snaps into a stick].

What y'all havin'?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Hey Grampa, What's for Supper Tomorrow? by bjcotton (Pork Cutlets Diane, ...)
Well, we were going to have l/o Chix & Dumplings, but...our neighbors have graciously invited us for dinner!! How nice is that! So, will probably have it for breakfast!

I have a recipe to post also, the other day I made a cooking light mag. recipe that I've made over the years for Pork Chops with Country Gravy...and played with it a little and it was super! I'll go over to the Cooking Light site and see if I can copy and post their recipe...it was good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Hey Grampa, What's for Supper Tomorrow? by bjcotton (Pork Cutlets Diane, ...)
We already tried the Pork Cutlets Diane & Smashed Red Potatoes. Both were very good, but we thought the potatoes were too loose. You might try backing off the buttermilk a bit.

I got a new grill for Mother's Day and so we are having a chicken fajita dinner tomorrow - Marinaded chicken breasts, grilled peppers & onions, Mexican Rice, refried beans, flour tortillas, salsa and sour cream as condiments.

We got the Weber Genesis - solid, not too crazy big or complicated. The recipe pamphlet that came with it had an interesting one for chicken where you split the chiken so it's flat, like in the coke brine recipe, and put a mixture of ricotta, parmesan & some herbs under the skin and roast by indirect heat. I've got that one in mind for next week.
We had the leftover chicken and dumplings. Gosh, that's a great dish. And since it's been a little cooler, it was a good day to have it. For dessert, a cup of de-caf (I know, it's yuck but I want to sleep tonight) and one of those great whiskey-laced brownies.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Well, I had some leftover grilled chicken, and some frozen chix gravy (from Christmas), ended up making a chicken pie for the Picky One, with a scratch crust (only because I didn't want to go to the store again). Came out pretty good, served with peas (surprise).

Me- an iced coffee from Dunkins and a glass of wine. Gotta balance these things out, you know.

PJ
PJ
Which issue is Pork cutlets Diane in?
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Hey Grampa, What's for Supper Tomorrow? by farnfam (Which issue is Pork ...)
Issue #63, page 26.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pork Cutlets Diane

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Pork-Ham

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup onion -- chopped
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons brandy -- optional
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed, cut at an angle into 8 slices (2 oz each)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Blend the broth, onion, garlic, brandy, mustard, Worcestershire, and tomato paste in a food processor or blender until onion is minced.

Season pork slices with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Add the cutlets and sear 2-3 minutes per side, or until browned. Remove pork from the pan and keep warm.

Add the broth mixture to the pan, scraping up any brown bits. Bring to a boil and simmer 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Return pork to the pan along with any drippings; simmer to warm through. Season to taste, spooning sauce over cutlets.

Source:
"CuisineAtHome, Issue 63, pg 26"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

How zat?

Billy
  Re: Re: Hey Grampa, What's for Supper Tomorrow? by cjs (Well, we were going ...)
Jean, I'd rather have the recipe after you fiddled with it. I think you fiddle pretty good

Billy
  Re: Re: Hey Grampa, What's for Supper Tomorrow? by bjcotton (Jean, I'd rather hav...)
billy, as we were tasting it, I told Roy that I didn't think there was anything in it that Fredia would not like - I almost emailed it to you that night! (geez, she even has me on the lookout for dishes to make her happy!! )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hey Grampa, What's for Supper Tomorrow? by cjs (billy, as we were ta...)
We're planning to have the BLT Pasta for today, and the Red Onion Salad. I can hardly wait, pasta fiend that I am
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life