Pork Chops with Country Gravy - Cooking Light
  Re: (...)
We had this the other nite and just for kicks, I added some apricot jam and red pepper flakes to the gravy and it really gave the dish a great creamy and very subtle sweet flavor! We'll do this one again!

Being that I am the brining queen, I did brine the chops for 4 hours.
Pork Chops with Country Gravy

1/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops (about 3/4 inch thick)
1 tablespoon butter
Cooking spray
1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
Note: 1/2 cup apricot jam
a pinch of red pepper flakes - big or tiny pinch!

Preparation
Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Place flour, salt, dried marjoram, dried thyme, and dried rubbed sage in a shallow dish. Dredge pork in flour mixture, turning to coat; shake off excess. Reserve remaining flour mixture.

Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add pork to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Reduce heat, and cook for 10 minutes or until done, turning pork once.

Remove pork from pan; keep warm.

Combine reserved flour mixture and milk in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until blended. Add milk mixture to pan; place over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Reduce heat, (I added the pepper flakes and jam at this point) and simmer 2 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. (I also added the chops back into the gravy for a few minutes)

Serve with chops.
Yield
4 servings (serving size: 1 chop and 1/2 cup gravy)
CALORIES 252(34% from fat); FAT 9.6g (sat 4.4g,mono 3.6g,poly 0.8g); PROTEIN 28.9g; CHOLESTEROL 83mg; CALCIUM 142mg; SODIUM 584mg; FIBER 0.3g; IRON 1.5mg; CARBOHYDRATE 10.6g
Lorrie Hulston Corvin , Cooking Light, JUNE 2006

-----

We're off to Marysville now to see my Mom and take her to her favorite seafood restaurant for lunch - Anthony's - great berry cobbler!! They serve it in a large dish and all three of us just dig in!! She eats like a bird except for the visits to Anthony's, then she can put a longshoreman to shame!! Have a great day all!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Pork Chops with Country Gravy - Cooking Light by cjs (We had this the othe...)
Thanks for the recipe, Jean, and have a great time!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Pork Chops with Country Gravy - Cooking Light by Lorraine (Thanks for the recip...)
Yes, thanks Jean. This does sound good. Have a good time today and a great meal.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."