Keeping a bit by...
  Re: (...)
Does anyone else 'keep a bit by'? I mean for when hurricanes strike and so on. Poor old US seems to be clobbered on a regular basis with extremes of weather we just do not have here. And for all we are called the 'Shakey Isles' and earthquakes are common, they are small and cause little damage.
  Re: Keeping a bit by... by vannin (Does anyone else 'ke...)
Just what's in the pantry and freezers Dale. Probably last a month. Water would be the thing since Fredia can't drink the local stuff with all the krap floating around.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Keeping a bit by... by bjcotton (Just what's in the p...)
I would have to say that's about what we have around here too. Maybe a months worth except for water. We're pretty lucky where I live. The worst weather we get is lake effect snow, but that only ties us down for a day or so.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Keeping a bit by... by vannin (Does anyone else 'ke...)
We could survive a day or two with scrambled eggs and grilled cheese sandwiches. Cookies and cakes and breads etc., for a very long time, those ingredients I stockpile (I got nervous the other day day when I realized I only had 2 sheets of parchment left [taught semi- stepson to use parchment for everything, had nightmares of scrubbing pans], had to reorder pronto). That's about it!

My folks, however, hell, I'll just visit them

PJ
PJ