TnT WW recipes
  Re: (...)
These are some of my favorite recipes collected from all over the internet so I'm sorry that I can't give credit where credit is due.

Sour Cream Salsa Chicken
Serving Size : 4
4 WW points per serving

4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
1 package reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix
1 cup salsa
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup light/ff sour cream

Spray the crockpot with cooking spray. Add the chicken breasts. Sprinkle with Taco Seasoning. Top with salsa. Cook on low for 6-8 hours (I think this is too long). When ready to serve, remove the chicken from the pot. Place about 2 T cornstarch in a small amount of water. Stir well. Stir the cornstarch mixture into salsa sauce. Stir in 1/4 cup of sour cream and heat it a bit more.

I add a drained can of black beans to this at the end, just to heat up. I serve this over salads, brown rice or in ff tortillas.

Cola Chicken

4 skinless chicken breasts
1 cup salsa
1 12oz.diet cola

Place chicken in non-stick skillet.
Pour salsa and cola over it. Bring to a
boil-cover and reduce heat-cook 30-45 mins.
Uncover, turn heat up and cook until sauce
thickens and adheres to chicken. Easy and
good.

Sticky Chicken

4 Servings
4 Points

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup ketchup
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons dry mustard

Place chicken breasts in baking dish. Mix remaining Ingredients together, and spoon over chicken breasts. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

SMOTHERED CHICKEN WITH PIEROGIES
4 servings, 7 POINTS each

1 dozen Mrs. T's frozen Potato and Cheddar Cheese pierogies
1 can (10 3/4 oz) low-fat cream of chicken soup
1 can (4 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
1 cup frozen peas
2 cups cubed or shredded cooked chicken

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray. Thaw pierogies in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain, and place in casserole dish.

In a large saucepan, combine soup, mushrooms, peas and chicken. Cook, stirring, about 5 minutes or until heated through. Pour over pierogies. Bake 15 minutes.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: TnT WW recipes by Half_Baked (These are some of my...)
sounds good, Jan.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: TnT WW recipes by cjs (sounds good, Jan....)
I'm excited to see how we can make the C@H recipes a little healthier for those of us who are height challenged ... not overweight.
Jan

Re: Re: TnT WW recipes by Half_Baked (I'm excited to see h...)
All this talk about WW recipes. Don't know if this has been mentioned but if you go to the WW website, they post a recipe of the day each weekday. Their recipes are usually pretty good. Today's is Brown rice salad with black beans and corn. Hope this is helpful
Shannon
  Re: Re: TnT WW recipes by Dismc (All this talk about ...)
Welcome Dismc, come back and join us in the fun. That is a good website and I recommend it as well. They usually have some pretty good recipes.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: TnT WW recipes by Half_Baked (These are some of my...)
Here are three that I've tried recently- sorry it's easier to just provide a link, and if you're interested in the recipe you can click and print from my website. You'll see a picture too:

I made these Chinese recipes last night- very good. The Mu Shu was like Mu Shu tacos as it was served in flour tortillas. I actually got my 6 year old to eat it (w/ cabbage and shiitake mushrooms inside). He loved it- believe it or not! The soup was good too. My little guy ate that too. He seemed to like the little cubes of tofu floating around. How many 6 year olds can you get to eat this stuff? I want some credit here!

MU SHU PORK- 6 WW POINTS PER SERVING
http://www.recipesandentertaining.com/Ma...F%20HOME%20PAGE

HOT AND SOUR SOUP- 2 WW POINTS PER SERVING
For some reason, I can't get the link to work for this one... but you can go to the site and look in the Soups section to find it (or do a quick search from the home page)- sorry about that.

I took this one on a camping trip last weekend. Not a weight watcher's recipe but my cookbook program computed it as 5.7 points per serving.

BARBECUED SHRIMP WITH REMOULADE SAUCE 5.7 WW POINTS PER SERVING
http://www.recipesandentertaining.com/Ma...F%20HOME%20PAGE
Lori
http://www.RecipeGirl.com

"Everything tastes better with wine"
  Re: Re: TnT WW recipes by SDRecipeGirl (Here are three that ...)
Welcome Dismc! Glad to find another C@H lover.

Lori, those sound great. I'm in the mood for some Chinese since it's been awhile. That'll make the whole fam happy, lol.

Mr HB and his son have asked for the works this weekend: meatloaf, pea salad, pickled beets, baked beans, mashed potatos, gravy, rolls and I know one of them will ask for mac & cheese before saturday rolls around. Talk about a dinner that I won't eat. I will indulge them occassionally with this plate o' carbs. His son will take the leftovers home otherwise I start picking at them and my will power will be defeated.

It's nice to have a C@H group and chefs available to help cut calories.
Jan

Re: Re: TnT WW recipes by Dismc (All this talk about ...)
Welcome to the forums, Dismc!! Thanks for the idea of the everyday recipe - I'm new to this, so didn't kow they offered that.

Off to check out the recipes, Lori.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: TnT WW recipes by cjs (Welcome to the forum...)
This is hilarious. I found it on DC.

http://www.candyboots.com/wwcards.html
Jan

Re: Re: TnT WW recipes by Half_Baked (This is hilarious. ...)
Too funny ... It reminds me of my Joy of Jello cookbook that I received for a wedding shower gift back in the 70's. I'm pretty sure I still have it!