crystal lamps and coffee.
  Re: (...)
My niece has her engagement party Saturday (tomorrow for us). I have decided to give her one of my crystal lamps so had to do a rummage as so much of our lovely stuff is packed away, not used here. She and Levi might be travelling so I thought a little one would be best. So we rummaged and came up with a truly beautiful one, which Shane will rewire with a new silk cord today. I do hope she likes it as our lamps are truly treasures to us, even if we can't put them out here. Maybe our plans will come to fruition and we will be moving soon, and I will be able to scatter my treasures about and use them again as I used to.

BUT, the purpose of this post is to say we found our stove top expresso pots again, and I grabbed the 6 cup and brought it back downstairs. Oh how i have missed them. Just had 2 cups of bone peeling coffee, and am feeling very chipper indeed. ;Þ It will be like Christmas when we finally get to open those boxes again. I have some gorgeous stuff I haven't seen for years.
  Re: crystal lamps and coffee. by vannin (My niece has her eng...)
Oh how very nice for you Dale and for your niece as well. I just love finding things, of course I find them at other peoples houses. Ours is very small and there isn't much room to store things, so I give them away mostly. Anyway I think that your niece will treasure the lamp.
Cis
Wonderful to see you feeling so chipper dear
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: crystal lamps and coffee. by farnfam (Oh how very nice for...)
LOL Cis, You are a treasure too....
  Re: Re: crystal lamps and coffee. by farnfam (Oh how very nice for...)
You are both treasures! I was so disappointed that we didn't get a chance to paw through those boxes while I was there and listen to your stories about them...maybe next time huh?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: crystal lamps and coffee. by bjcotton (You are both treasur...)
Dale, I hope it's not long before you can unpack those boxes again and enjoy all your wonderful treasures. Your niece is going to love the crystal lamp! I have a few pieces that belonged to my grandmother that I enjoy using.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: crystal lamps and coffee. by Mare749 (Dale, I hope it's no...)
Yes Billy, next time, make sure you bring Carol with you. The house we have our eye on is a mad hatter house on 3 acres. Two stair cases, front and back, 5 levels, and board and batton exterior constuction. What a hoot of a house, the garden is much the same, with a covered band stand thing thingy for al fresco dining. There are ground shell steps and paths going in all directions and the kitchen is in the wrong place. Oh well, shoot me now someone.
  Re: Re: crystal lamps and coffee. by vannin (LOL Cis, You are a t...)
Crystal anything will be "treasured" forever---sure wish I had an auntie like you----
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: crystal lamps and coffee. by Roxanne 21 (Crystal anything wil...)
Roxanne, I don't have any aunties like Dale in my family either...lol.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: crystal lamps and coffee. by Half_Baked (Roxanne, I don't hav...)
We are deprived children Maybe Dale will adopt us---if we be good???
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: crystal lamps and coffee. by Roxanne 21 (We are deprived chil...)
I have been labelled 'mad Auntie Dale' for decades now, and am exhibited rather than introduced. Now here is a strange thing, I thought I HAD adopted you all. Not that you want someone like me in the family, but there is always one, y'know. I should have mentioned there are about a dozen lemon and several lime trees on that property.