Asian Pork Tenderloin
  Re: (...)
I did a search to see if anyone had reviewed this C@H recipe, but after seeing 833 hits, I guess I'll just go ahead and review my own self!! This is a great combination of flavors! and it works great on the grill also.

I brined one (ONE!!!) 8.5 oz. boneless pork loin chop, made about a 1/4 of the rub and let the chop rest 'rubbed' for 30 min. Then grilled 5 min. on each side and brushed the sauce (made 1/2 of this, should have made a 1/4 also) on for the last 5 min. on each side. this worked out to 7 points.

served with grilled red potatoes and grilled asparagus - great dinner!! great flavor combination.
-------

Asian Pork Tenderloin
(Cuisine at home, December 2006, Issue 60, p. 36)
Makes: 2 Tenderloins Total Time: 1 Hour Rating: Easy

Trim; Combine; Rub and Sear:
2 pork tenderloins, trimmed (1–1 1/2 lb. each)
2 T. Chinese five-spice powder
1 T. kosher salt
1 T. ground black pepper
2 t. peanut oil

Simmer:
1/3 cup Chinese plum sauce
2 T. honey
1 T. tomato paste
1 T. light soy sauce
1 T. rice vinegar
1 T. fresh ginger, minced
1 T. pineapple juice
1 t. chili garlic sauce

Garnish with:
Fresh chives

Preheat oven to 400°.

Trim tenderloins of silverskin and excess fat. Combine five-spice, salt, and pepper, then rub over both tenderloins. Heat oil in an ovenproof saute pan over medium-high; sear pork on all sides,5 minutes.

Simmer remaining ingredients (except chives) in a saucepan for 1 minute; pour over pork. Transfer pan to the oven and roast 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 140°. Remove pork from pan; let rest 10 minutes before slicing.

Garnish with fresh chives. Shown here with Spicy Asian Slaw.

Nutrition Information (Per 4 oz.):
265 calories 24% calories from fat 17g total fat 18g carb. 234mg sodium 0g fiber 47g protein
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Asian Pork Tenderloin by cjs (I did a search to se...)
Thanks for the review Jean, and also the tip on cutting down on the amounts. I always forget to do that, and it's so tempting to keep "picking" at a dish that was especially good.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Asian Pork Tenderloin by Mare749 (Thanks for the revie...)
yes, that's why I don't even tempt myself...and Roy's worse than I am at picking!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Asian Pork Tenderloin by cjs (yes, that's why I do...)
Haven't tried this one because we used Chinese Five Spice as a rub on a seared scallops recipe (not a C@H recipe) and didn't care for the flavor combination. Perhaps it didn't belong on the scallops and would be good on pork. Pork handles sweet flavors better, although we usually avoid sweet friuts and meat combinations ... just a matter of taste preference.
  Re: Re: Asian Pork Tenderloin by HomeCulinarian (Haven't tried this o...)
Jean---there were a couple of us that had made this recipe and reviews were done but lord knows when --- anyway---I agree 100% with you--this was a great recipe and will be a repeat. HC---I am NOT a fan of five spice--but it works well with this recipe!! Thanks for the reminder Jean---I like that nutrition count!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Asian Pork Tenderloin by Roxanne 21 (Jean---there were a ...)
"-I like that nutrition count!!! " oh good! sure beats having to get on line to check every recipe, eh?

CRS strikes again....I was informed (in no uncertain terms... ) that this was the very same recipe "we" fixed at madmax's house a few months ago - geez. And you can guess who got a delightful hoot out telling me!

anyway, it really is great as a grilled dinner...so there, madmax.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Asian Pork Tenderloin by cjs ("-I like that nutrit...)
I thought it sounded familiar, but I just thought I was losing my marbles. Again. LOL I love 5 spice!!!Thanks for posting it, Jean.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Asian Pork Tenderloin by cjs ("-I like that nutrit...)
I'm going to give this a try. It sounds delicious, Thank you Jean (and tel my sis thanks too)
Kelly
  Re: Re: Asian Pork Tenderloin by kclev (I'm going to give th...)
Well, hi there Miss Kelly!!! Everyone, this is my 'other' daughter, Kelly, from California - used to be my next door neighbor. Welcome to the forum!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Asian Pork Tenderloin by cjs (Well, hi there Miss ...)
Hi Kelly and welcome! Please come back and join us often. We have a great time here and everyone is so nice and will make you feel right at home.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."