Is there any food that you...
  Re: (...)
just recently started to enjoy?

For me, the top ones on my list are avocados, artichokes, goat cheese, and Gorgonzola. Don't ask me why, but I didn't even try any of these until the past few years.

Actually, the first three were sheer stupidity on my part. I finally tried them and they are among my favorite foods now.

The last, Gorgonzola, was an honest avoidance. My Mom is allergic to those types of cheeses, and when I was a kid she mistakenly ate Gorgonzola and was quite ill for many hours. It frightened me and I figured that the condition may be hereditary, so I never tried it until last year. And, surprise! no reaction. I looooove it, now!

Anyone else?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Is there any food that you... by foodfiend (just recently starte...)
Neat topic, I love all you have mentioned, and have always liked zucchini, but now I crave it, I have become a zucchaholic, raw, cooked any way.
  Re: Re: Is there any food that you... by vannin (Neat topic, I love a...)
It is a neat topic! I'll have to think about this more, but off the top of my head, I would agree with Vicci that avocados and artichokes are relatively newer foods for me that I love. I'm sure there are more.

Dale, that's a cute name, zucchaholic! I love it too!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Is there any food that you... by Mare749 (It is a neat topic! ...)
I'm of the opinion that our tastes change/evolve every few years - I remember not being a big fan of savory lemon dishes years ago, but I thoroughly enjoy them now. Have never cared overly for liver, but foie gras properly prepared, I'm just loving now. Sweetbreads - like Vicci - was a mental thing until I tried them and oh my, they are so good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Is there any food that you... by cjs (I'm of the opinion t...)
I recently tried hummus and liked it. I had avoided it because I'm not fond of chickpeas. Now like hearts of palm and some of the milder goat cheeses. Still not a fan of strong cheeses or liver thank you very much!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Is there any food that you... by bjcotton (I recently tried hum...)
This is a great thread!

Mushrooms are top on my list. Always hated them. Now I can't get enough of them. I was the same about Gorgonzola cheese. Now it goes on hamburgers, steaks, salads.

Oh and figs I am so sad at how short the season is for fresh figs.
  Re: Re: Is there any food that you... by DFen911 (This is a great thre...)
Indian food! Never liked it before, but I do now!

Maryann
Maryann

Re: Re: Is there any food that you... by Mare749 (Indian food! Never ...)
Wild mushrooms - Really liking those.

Two that I have had in the past and didn't like but I bet I might like now are Lamb (Lamb Chops) and Goat Cheese. But I just can't get myself to try them. Oh well, maybe one day soon.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Is there any food that you... by Mare749 (Indian food! Never ...)
"Indian food! Never liked it before, but I do now!" ...really??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Is there any food that you... by cjs ("Indian food! Never ...)
Uh huh! Uh huh!

Well, to be completely honest, I think I've only ever tried it one other time and completely screwed up the recipe.

Maryann
Maryann