Shopping Spree
  Re: (...)
I wanted to tell you all about the convection oven. It is big enough to do a 9-12" pizza, it dehydrates, defrosts, toasts, and broils. It is on sale [here at least] at Costco for ~$57. The mandoline is a metal one and comes with six blades and has a tilt stand. It was $29 and it's heavy. It is made in France and is a MIU brand. Although I haven't used them yet I will. Marilee has an older model of the oven and I will play with it while I'm up there [I'm home until Tuesday afternoon] and also the mandoline. I look forward to making some coleslaw which I love, but hate to cut it with a knife.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Shopping Spree by bjcotton (I wanted to tell you...)
Oh Billy, what fun! You know how much I love new kitchen toys!!! Have a great time, and be sure to let us know if you think they are wonderful.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
You will so love the mandolin, they are so much fun! I think I'll do some waffle fries for dinner tonight - last night was purely healthy food so tonight can be a bit wicked!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Shopping Spree by Harborwitch (You will so love the...)
I had a cheap mandolin that I used for about 15 yrs and it finally broke. I'm glad to hear you can buy one for about $30 because the fancy brands are quite a lot of money. Thanks BJ.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Shopping Spree by Half_Baked (I had a cheap mandol...)
It is on my list to look at the next time I go to Costco!

Thanks!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Shopping Spree by esgunn (It is on my list to ...)
Have fun, but be darn careful, Billy - those things can be lethal!! (the mandoline)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Billy, that's a great price for the mandoline. I think i paid about $150.00 US for mine a few years ago, but it was well worth the money. I've never used it for coleslaw though. As Jean said, be careful. There's a reason it comes with the safety guard. LOL I have the scars to prove it.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Shopping Spree by Lorraine (Billy, that's a grea...)
I got my Braun on Ebay for 115.00! Love the daylights out of it, but went through a lot of band aids when we first got it. There are cut "resistant" gloves that you can get that are worth every penny! The guard on the Braun didn't work for cr@p so it's in a drawer. I usually use mine when I want a lot of something in uniform cuts - like waffle cuts or onions for onion soup.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Shopping Spree by Mare749 (Oh Billy, what fun! ...)
My mandoline is one of my favorite tools for thin slicing---I didn't remember until recently--- that one could julienne etc. Mine is also a French product--could be the same one you just purchased, Billy......I went on to Chef's Catalogue---on sale at the time and well worth the money-----the guard is a true knuckle saver!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Shopping Spree by Roxanne 21 (My mandoline is one ...)
Lolly Sweetheart, if you need a new one, let me know. No use spending that kind of $ when I can get it for you cheaper.

I think my next purchase will be a pair of those gloves. My heat proof gloves look like someone has been cooking with them
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy