A couple of reviews
  Re: (...)
Hi Everybody,

First I would like to thank all of you that gave me their favorite recipe for a salmon. Unfortunately I could not get to the internet sooooooo had to call my friend that makes lots of salmon and she gave me a recipe to try.

I have to say people loved it. Very easy and delicious. Most said that it was one of the best salmons they ever had.
Here is the marinade for 1lbs of salmon

2 crushed garlic cloves
1/2 tsp of garlic salt
2 Tbls of Dark Soy Sauce
1/4 cup of maple syrup

Miix all together and put salmon filet side down into the marinade for 30-45 min.

Turn Filet side up and bake for about 30 min at 350.

Also I made lamb shishkabobs. My persian friend suggested the marinade and I tried is for the first time. The meat was sooooooo moist and delicious.

Per about 3lbs of lamb-cut into the pieces for kabobs

One Large Onion -chopped up in the blender so there is no pieces left.
Add Salt and pepper to taste
and about 4-5 cups of plain yougurt...mix it all together
Add Lamb and marinade over night.

Desert was Cream Horns from the last cuisine at home.

They were absolutely great. People just loved them. Couple of tips. Do not make this desert if you have a large group of people. Creme cannot go into the horns ahead of time so hard to serve 20 people when you have to still fill them.

Also i made a BIG mistake and had to redo the horns.

After you bake them let them cool down for a couple of minutes and make sure you remove the foil cones while they are hot. I let mine sit overnight and guess what...I could not remove them...they got stuck...so i had to redo most of the ones I already made.
  Re: A couple of reviews by piano226 (Hi Everybody,[br][br...)
Thanks for the tip on the cream horns, piano, that sounds like something I would do.

Even though I'm not a fan of salmon, the maple glaze sounds really good!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: A couple of reviews by pjcooks (Thanks for the tip o...)
well, you know with those horns it is easy to do. I did them very late at night. They fininshed baking , I took them out and went to bed. Did not even think about it. In the morning I did read in the CA where it says cool for 2 min and take the cones out. DUH
  Re: Re: A couple of reviews by piano226 (well, you know with ...)
Thanks for telling us that, because I might have skipped through and missed that part of the directions. I did kind of wonder how it was going to be to get that cone out though. Thanks for the salmon marinade. I usually use teriyaki, but I love maple, so I'll try this.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: A couple of reviews by Mare749 (Thanks for telling u...)
It's even better with a touch of orange juice and orange zest---one of our favorites!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: A couple of reviews by piano226 (Hi Everybody,[br][br...)
What a fun and delicious dinner party you must have had, piano! The kebobs sound like something to play with.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com