My next Gadget
  Re: (...)
I ordered three sets of those belt thingies that you put around cake pans...the ones that are supposed to prevent the cake from domeing. Got them today...and three of the meatloaf pans with the grease insert...gotta try 'em out now How does a carrot cake sound?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: My next Gadget by bjcotton (I ordered three sets...)
Carrot cake sounds great to me. I've seen those gadgets in the baking section of our hobby store, Michaels.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: My next Gadget by bjcotton (I ordered three sets...)
Sounds good! I've used those for years, mine are pretty well worn, but they work well, especially for cakes made w/soft, lo protein flours. Haven't seen the meatloaf pans, have to check them out.

Neat stuff!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: My next Gadget by pjcooks (Sounds good! I've u...)
I've been wanting one of those meatloaf pans too. Have to put it on the wish list. I did read this tip in Kitchen Companion the other day. It said to put a slice or two of dry bread on the bottom of your meatloaf pan to soak up the grease.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: My next Gadget by Mare749 (I've been wanting on...)
Nope. Nope. I have to much stuff to fit into my suitcase when I leave here.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: My next Gadget by Lorraine (Nope. Nope. I have ...)
Hey Lorraine, where are you going? Are you selling the house with the pool already?

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: My next Gadget by Mare749 (Hey Lorraine, where ...)
It was the wrong shipment for the cake pan things. I just got the meatloaf pans. I'm supposed to get the cake pan thingies and a new kitchen scales [for my lil sis] the day after tomorrow.

Billy
  Re: Re: My next Gadget by Half_Baked (Carrot cake sounds g...)
Love those meatloaf pans-----!!!! It really does make a difference with the grease hold-over---not as moist but not as heavy or rich!!! Healthy, indeed!!! (SORT OF!!! ) Another gadget??? What are y'all talking about with the "bands"????
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: My next Gadget by Roxanne 21 (Love those meatloaf ...)
They are bands that velcro together around the cake pan and keep it from getting hot on the outside faster than the middle of the pan, therefore keeping the cake from domeing. Generally when I make a cake I have a leveler that cuts the dome off and everyone has a preview snack. They can just wait

Billy
  Re: Re: My next Gadget by bjcotton (They are bands that ...)
Can you tell me where you got the meatloaf pans? What a great idea!!!