Post deleted by sysadmin
  Re: (...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
finger's crossed that you all fare better this season than what's been happening in the last few years.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hurricane Season by cjs (finger's crossed tha...)
hmmm, rain without winds......some folks just want everything.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hurricane Season by cjs (hmmm, rain without w...)
Quote:

I didn't say I didn't want the wind. I just said I didn't want it to blow down my shrine! You don't know how hard it's getting to be finding virgins to sacrifice!

Ciao,

Seriuosly, I hope things are better for you this year. Didn't they predict an active season last year, and it wasn't as bad as they thought?

Good luck to you, I think living with the blizzards is easier than living with hurricanes, and especially tornadoes, we can at least plan and hunker down (Did I just say that?)

Hoping for the best for you!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Hurricane Season by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
At least we have warning with hurricanes. I can't believe how much damage we have in the Atlanta area since it is so far from the coast. Hurricanes almost lifted our roof off last year but it was much worse when we lived in Annapolis. That was terrifying.

The tornados make my heart stop and if we have a warning, I gather all the pets and Mr HB into the basement with our survival bag and blankets w/pillows. If it's night time and we have bad thunderstorms, I make everyone hit the basement. Heaven knows when a tornado will show up. Can you imagine living in tornado alley??? I can't.

He used to laugh at me until last season when a dad was killed in his bed from a falling tree while the fam was safe underground. Now, he may grouse a bit but heads down. We have a HUGE pine in the front yard.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Hurricane Season by Half_Baked (At least we have war...)
Scary story, Jan I don't know how your nerves remain intact! I don't have the fortitude to live with those threats. Hope all is safe for you this year, I'll be following the weather, as we all will be.

PJ
PJ
Good luck, Steve! I can't imagine going through that. If we get a bad thunderstorm I head for the basement.

So, what's in your "bug out bag"????
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Hurricane Season by Lorraine (Good luck, Steve! I...)
We used to have hurricane parties in Key West all the time. You go into a bar, turn on one of those huge fans, throw water balloons and par..tee! If I remember the high ground in Key West was 9' above sea level.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy