2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon sugar

1/4 cup olive oil
7 ounces canned tuna, drained and flaked
1 Tablespoon drained capers
Hot pepper flakes, to taste

Place first seven ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.

Add in the 1/4 cup olive oil and process just to blend. Transfer to a bowl and add the tuna, capers and hot red pepper flakes.

Cook 1 lb. of pasta, drain and immediately toss with the sauce. Serve on hot plates.

Servings: 4

Notes: I like to garnish with a little shaved parm and fresh basil.

Source: The Kitchen Companion
---------------------------------

This recipe was written years ago. I can't find 7 oz. cans of tuna, so I use 6 oz, or you could use the new pouches that came out in recent years.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Quick and easy summer pasta dish. by Mare749 (Pasta with Tuna in R...)
Wow, that is really easy! There's nothing not to love here.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Quick and easy summer pasta dish. by Mare749 (Pasta with Tuna in R...)
duly copied, Maryann - love those flavors!! thanks.

P.S. you little devil, Maryann! I got so excited when this worked out to 5 points!!! BUT, down below, I see 1/4 c. olive oil and a lb. of pasta!! Refiguring it's 8 points, but I don't think I'll even use a full lb of pasta, so it will be even better...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Quick and easy summer pasta dish. by cjs (duly copied, Maryann...)
Nice, Maryann, printed and in the summer rotation!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Quick and easy summer pasta dish. by pjcooks (Nice, Maryann, print...)
Thanks, Maryann! Sounds like a great lunch dish for me!! I love tuna!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Quick and easy summer pasta dish. by Lorraine (Thanks, Maryann! So...)
Jean, I don't think 8 points is all that bad, but IMO this made more than 4 servings, more like 6 or even 8 if being used as a side dish. It's pretty filling. I gave my daughter half to take home and we still had some leftover.
We had a big salad with it too. Of course, it must have been at least 90 degrees today, so maybe we just weren't all that hungry.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Quick and easy summer pasta dish. by Mare749 (Jean, I don't think ...)
no, 8 is not bad! this really does look good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Quick and easy summer pasta dish. by cjs (duly copied, Maryann...)
I guess thats why I have always been told to "read the whole recipe" before doing anything, yep I know I'm heading for "my corner" right now.........
  Re: Re: Quick and easy summer pasta dish. by madmax (I guess thats why I ...)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Quick and easy summer pasta dish. by cjs ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
I made this last nite and it's a really nice dish!! It's a repeat, that's for sure.

While we're on the subject of, and I thot of this dish while I was getting the anchovies, there's an pasta dish from an old TV show, Home, with Cristina Ferrari (sp?) that Hector Elizondo (again.... sp??) made that is very simple and very much like this one that we just love - I made it in 1996.

Baked Tomato Pasta
Hector Elizondo

2 lbs. fresh Roma tomatoes, sliced in 1/2 - 3/4" rounds
1 small can anchovies
1 lb. linguini or spaghetti
Red pepper flakes
1/2 cup olive oil (or less)

Place half the tomato slices in an 8" square baking dish that's sprayed with Pam.

Layer the anchovies over the tomatoes and pour a little olive oil over. Sprinkle with black pepper and red pepper flakes.

Layer the other half of tomatoes and splash a little more olive oil over the top. Bake in 400 F. for 20-30 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside while pasta is cooking.

Cook the pasta and toss with the tomato mixture; mix together. Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan.

this one is really good also.
www.achefsjourney.com