The Next Food Network Star...
  Re: (...)
The season premiere of The Next Food Network Star is tonight (8 p.m here). They always seem to include a few nummies for comic relief, so the first couple of episodes are usually particularly entertaining.
  Re: The Next Food Network Star... by Ron (The season premiere ...)
Thanks Ron, I'll be watching. I'm kind of a food network junkie.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: The Next Food Network Star... by Mare749 (Thanks Ron, I'll be ...)
I used to be, watched several shows a day. Now, I can't remember the last time I watched it.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: The Next Food Network Star... by bjcotton (I used to be, watche...)
I'm finding myself looking for different shows then the ones I always watched before. They get boring after a while. Lately, I'm kind of fascinated with Nigella's show. Never used to watch her, so I just started.

Maryann
Maryann

Re: Re: The Next Food Network Star... by Mare749 (I'm finding myself l...)
We don't have cable or satellite, so my Mom always turns on Food Network when we visit her.

Maryann, I forgot to mention that, when I went to the food show at the Cleveland convention center in 2005, I had never even heard of Rachel Ray or Mario! I wondered why on earth he was wearing orange clogs...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
I've caught a couple of these shows and they are obviously contrived! My son auditioned for Hell's Kitchen in Chicago while he was in culinary school and got a call back. At the second interview they wanted to know more about his personal life than his cooking background. We watched the show a couple of times and it seems like that they have defined some characters that they're trying to cast for the drama.

It's still fun and funny -- but hardly reality!
  Re: Re: The Next Food Network Star... by foodfiend (We don't have cable ...)
Vicci, it's probably a good thing you don't have cable. You probably get a lot more done in a day than I do. Some days, I don't even turn the tv on because I know I'll get hooked on one of those shows, then it's another and another.

Maryann
Maryann

YAY! So many of the shows that I watch while I'm typing away on my laptop have already had their season finale. I'm up for a new show. It will be fun to gossip about the chosen participants
Lori
http://www.RecipeGirl.com

"Everything tastes better with wine"
Absolutely unbelievable number of commercials!!! If I continue to watch, I may just tape it so I can fast forward through them and the b.s. Same formula as the previous shows - some people are totally incompetent and don't have a prayer of making it. Can't believe people spent $800 on food when they were allocated $2300! Or added chicken broth to a vegetarian dish! There were some unbelievably ugly cakes!
  Re: Re: The Next Food Network Star... by Ron (Absolutely unbelieva...)
I couldn't believe the cakes. Some of them were just pitiful and did they not hear 'wedding' cake.

I was looking at the contestants in a different way this time. I knew the lady was leaving because she'd be another Nigella. Unfortunately I can't remember names yet but you could idenify people who won't be chosen because there is already a show that has a chef who is too similar to those peeps. imho
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.