A Question For Ya'all
  Re: (...)
My earliest issue of C@H is June '03, issue #39 and I'm thinking I'd like to get a few of the 'years' that are offered. But...at $30. a set, and being a little old lady on Social Security that I am, I want to be selective on what I order.

So, here's my question to those of you who have from the earliest thru 2002, which year(s) do you think have the best overall recipes??? This may be impossible to answer, but let's give it a try!

Roxanne, you must have darn near all of them - by the way, where is Roxanne?????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: A Question For Ya'all by cjs (My earliest issue of...)
I know you're very busy, Jean, (my folks are retired, too, and busier than ever) but I have an idea. I have Issues #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 18 (divorce inserted here), and 24.

I could send them along to you (it's only 3 #) with a return label, that way, you can browse at your leisure, copy what you'd like, and return when you want.

Sound like a plan?

PJ
PJ
She's out reading her back issues so she can answer your question.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
I have every single issue! The magazine has changed formats a bit over the years. The early issues would spend more space on explaining details and nuances about a certain food... mushrooms, salt, different meats, etc., and there were fewer recipes.

If you click on each volume, it lists the recipes in each issue. Which ones do you think you want to have?

Or, why don't you put them on your Birthday/Christmas list for your friends and family to buy for you?
  Re: Re: A Question For Ya'all by HomeCulinarian (I have every single ...)
Wow I could scan them and put them into a digital format and turn them into a PDF file that can be emailed

Bad side is it wouldn't be in color. I have high end scanner we use for documents but it's B&W only.
Jean, I have issues starting from issue #2. and have almost all except for a few here and there - due to lapses in subscription and accidental loaning or missing copies. I am closer than Pj, and would be willing to "loan" them to you. Honestly, I didn't start making things regularly from them until later issues- even though we really enjoyed the magazine. Life circumstances and cooking abilities....

Let me know what you would prefer. If you are ever over on the mainland - I would be happy to loan my previous copies to you - to peruse at your leisure.

We were over at Vashon Island today and had a wonderful day.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: A Question For Ya'all by esgunn (Jean, I have issue...)
Oh my, you guys are just the most wonderful people!! But I can't have either of you mail me your copies for two reasons -

if they were ever lost in the mail, I'd never forgive myself, and....
if I got my hands on them, I'd probably never give them back.

but, thank you so much for the offers.

Maybe I'll just start at the beginning and do one at time...

or, as we are passing thru Federal Way, I'll sit on Erin's curb and read hers....I'll bring the wine!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Question For Ya'all by cjs (Oh my, you guys are ...)
Quote: if I got my hands on them, I'd probably never give them back.

No offense intended, but that's exactly why I don't loan out my magazines!
  Re: Re: A Question For Ya'all by HomeCulinarian (Quote: if I got my ...)
Hey, point that finger - if anyone is crass enuf to keep something they borrowed, they deserve it!!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Question For Ya'all by cjs (Hey, point that fing...)
Actually, I offended a friend who wanted to borrow one of my issues and I told her I'd get a copy made for her in the next day or two. Can't explain it, because I'm not stingy with much else that I have.