Tornado warning in NH
  Re: (...)
Weren't we just talking about this? I hadn't been home from work more than an hour (I did manage to place an order with Amazon) when we got a tornado warning, of all things. I did what all responsible parents do, checked on location of all kids and their SOs, and parents, and sat in my sewing room in the basement w/a flashlight (no power) and a glass of chardonnay, and waited it out. Power's back (obviously) but it was a little unsettling.

We have occasional "microshears" and "microbursts" but rarely, tornado conditions. Pretty close, though, aren't they, I'm hoping some of you familiar (Steve, Jan) might clue me in.

Nope, don't have the stomach for this!

PJ

Just noticed I've become an "Old Hand", right on the heels of my 49th birthday. Geeeez...
PJ
  Re: Tornado warning in NH by pjcooks (Weren't we just talk...)
"Just noticed I've become an "Old Hand", right on the heels of my 49th birthday. Geeeez..." Would you like me to send you the same kind of balloons I sent my sis on her 49th? Silver and black and says, "With deepest sympathy."

Never heard of a tornado in NH...strange. Never thought they got that far up.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Tornado warning in NH by bjcotton ("Just noticed I've b...)
[quoteWould you like me to send you the same kind of balloons I sent my sis on her 49th? Silver and black and says, "With deepest sympathy."

Nope. Save it for next year Cute, though, what a wonderful brother you are!!! (Just kidding)

Never heard of a tornado in NH...strange. Never thought they got that far up.

[/blockquote]

It is rare, I knew I jinxed it when I told Steve and Jan how glad I was that I didn't live in tornado country.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Tornado warning in NH by pjcooks ([quoteWould you like...)
Next time take the bottle down with you pj.
  Re: Re: Tornado warning in NH by vannin (Next time take the b...)
That's right!
  Re: Re: Tornado warning in NH by pjcooks ([quoteWould you like...)
The news tonight has been giving tornado warnings for several counties here in northern CA. I don't remember this before the last few years! Geeeze - I don't mind possibly slipping a zipcode (i.e earthquake)but I don't want to change counties! I hate wind!!!!

Uhm, take 2 bottles and an ice chest!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tornado warning in NH by Harborwitch (The news tonight has...)
God, the memories you brot back, pj!! When we lived in Kewanee (Illinois), and we'd get tornado warnings (I HATED those things!) I'd grab my (at that time I was still drinking majority white) gallon jug of Rhineskellar Mozelle (sp?), a carton of cigarettes, my pillow and a book and take off for the basement...can't remember now which (directional) corner I would set up camp.

This was in the mid-80s and Sharon, I remember one time we had an earthquake back there and California had tornados - all the same year. I can handle earthquakes better than I handled tornados.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tornado warning in NH by cjs (God, the memories yo...)
http://www.will.uiuc.edu/weather/tornadotips.htm

See link for details - just go to the basement if you have one! If you hear a sound that mimicks a train, take cover!
  Re: Re: Tornado warning in NH by cjs (God, the memories yo...)
The year before last they were forcasting tornadoes for the area where we lived - there I sat in my little floating office, then looking around the crappy mobile home we lived in and wondering what the h3ll I was supposed to do! No substantial buildings, no basement, squat!

Ahhhhhh good ol'Rhineskellar!!! I remember it well, and for red there was good ol'Spanada! Urp.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!