So What's For Dinner?
  Re: (...)
Ooops, a little late for this question, I guess for everyone but us on the west coast....

Everyone getting away from chicken for a few days?? I am too.

Billy's having -
"That was what my Fredia said yesterday, she was tired of chicken this and chicken that, so we had steak. Today we are going to have Bill's Stir-Fried Vegetables with Pork. It's got 2 heads of bok choy, 2 carrots diced small, 2 bell peppers-one orange one red, 2 stalks celery diced small, 1 pound crimini mushroms-sliced, 3 leeks-halved and sliced and half a pound of pork loin roast sliced thin and diced, 2 cloved garlic minced, and 1" of ginger microplaned, Oyster Sauce, and oil for frying, 4 cups cooked rice. Now you see why it's called Stir-Fried Vegetables with Rice. "

we're having a pork chop 'with Tangy Creole Mustard & Pineapple Sauce' with some rice and a salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: So What's For Dinner? by cjs (Ooops, a little late...)
We had a version of Grandma's Pasta Fagioli. In this version you saute a head of brocolli, onion, garlic, basil in olive oil with seasoing,til brocolli is done. Splash in some white wine and then add a can of garbanzo beans, heat thru and serve over rotini. There's a million different ways to alter this and they're all heart healthy, reasonalbly low calorie and mighty tasty. This is our no meat meal, we try to do a version @ 2x a week for the most part.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: So What's For Dinner? by cjs (Ooops, a little late...)
If we don't go down to Zampas (one of our few restaurants in town but the best) for Steak Frites, then he'll have a smoked turkey sandwich and I'll have yogurt.

Guess you know which way I'm leaning.

PJ

Editing to add: I am in process of making Jean's pizza crust for the kids' lunch tomorrow. Half grape tomatoes, fresh basil from my pots, fresh moz, and the other half sauteed wild mushrooms, stuffed Italian sausage and mozz for the tomato sensitive one.

I really like this crust, Jean. Thanks!

Re: Re: So What's For Dinner? by pjcooks (If we don't go down ...)
Espresso Beef over noodles, broccoli and a bottle of red table wine.
  Re: Re: So What's For Dinner? by farnfam (We had a version of ...)
Cis, this sounds good! I keep hoping the Picky One will come around to eatting like this, but I don't think that will happen. This is his idea of vegetables:
[Image: DSCN0485.jpg]

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: So What's For Dinner? by pjcooks (Cis, this sounds goo...)
I guess when you get right down to it, I'm pretty lucky; Fredia won't eat broccoli, cauflower, brussels sprouts, corn, soy products, shrimp [other than breaded and deep-fried] salmon or liver [neither will I] and Paul [800 lb gorilla] won't eat tomatoes in any form other than raw [or in salsa or Fredia's lasagna].
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: So What's For Dinner? by bjcotton (I guess when you get...)
I am making White chili and cornbread.

Never tried the recipe before but you make it with groune turkey and white kidney beans. If it is good, I will post the recipe.
  Re: Re: So What's For Dinner? by piano226 (I am making White ch...)
Please do, piano! It sounds like something I'd like to eat!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: So What's For Dinner? by pjcooks (Cis, this sounds goo...)
LOL pj, now that's what I call PICKY
I'd love to know how he became so traumatized by vegetables.
I suppose you could make a batch for yourself and maybe tempt him with the yummy Italian smells, it might be worth a try, and if all else fails, you'll like it
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: So What's For Dinner? by farnfam (LOL pj, now that's w...)
Thanks, Cis!

PJ
PJ