Avacado Cucumber Soup with Crab salad
  Re: (...)
PEH! I can't believe I wasted a nice fat ripe avacado on this. No perceptible flavor beyond the 2t Tabasco sauce. Good thing we had some garlic breadstix for some flavor. The crab salad wasn't too bad but not great either, another disappointment from the same issue. Sorry, but this barely rates a 5.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Avacado Cucumber Soup with Crab salad by farnfam (PEH! I can't believe...)
Cis, I'm sorry this didn't work out for you. Thanks for reviewing as I was thinking of doing this. What do you think would have made a difference? I always think of adding Tabasco to anything that needs "just something" and it usually works, but you've got plenty here. More avocado, maybe?

Will go take another look, just sounds so good there must be a fix!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Avacado Cucumber Soup with Crab salad by pjcooks (Cis, I'm sorry this ...)
Pj, it was very bland besides the tabasco, maybe more avacado and less cuke? We probbly won't try it again, but I was thinking a Tb or two of salsa verde might help. Garlic? Let me know what you come up with, I won't sacrifice another avacado till I'm positive to have a good result
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Avacado Cucumber Soup with Crab salad by farnfam (Pj, it was very blan...)
thanks for that, Cis - too many good ones out there. copy so marked.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Avacado Cucumber Soup with Crab salad by cjs (thanks for that, Cis...)
Thank you for the review, Cis. I thought that looked so good, and like you, wanted to try it. Don't think I will now, unless PJ works some magic on the recipe.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Avacado Cucumber Soup with Crab salad by Mare749 (Thank you for the re...)
Thanks from me too, Cis. It sure sounded good. Maybe the ice cubes watered it down too much.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Avacado Cucumber Soup with Crab salad by Half_Baked (Thanks from me too, ...)
Where was this recipe???
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Avacado Cucumber Soup with Crab salad by Roxanne 21 (Where was this recip...)
LOl, Roxanne! Issue 61, pg 40.
Jan

Re: Re: Avacado Cucumber Soup with Crab salad by Half_Baked (LOl, Roxanne! Issue...)
WHHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ENOUGH ALREADY_____

Thanks for the speedy reply, Jan---I think.......
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Avacado Cucumber Soup with Crab salad by Roxanne 21 (WHHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!...)
Bless your little pea-picking heart!
Jan