Forschner II...
  Re: (...)
The good folks at Forschner sent me a replacement knife for the one whose blade broke when I dropped it on the floor. I don't know whether they have improved the knife or whether my old one was getting dull, but this one is a pure joy.
  Re: Forschner II... by Ron (The good folks at Fo...)
That's nice to hear that they stand behind their product. Something that seems to have faded from many companies. I'm looking to invest in a good set of knives. Have you ever used Henckels or Wusthof and if so, how would you compare them to this Forschner brand?

Anyone else out there with a knife opinion would be a welcomed opinion! Thanks!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: Forschner II... by MUSICMAKER (That's nice to hear ...)
That really is great to hear! Hmm, maybe I should have mine sharpened.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
I have a Wusthoff Santoku - it is an especially nice knife. My Forschners are a bread knife and a boning knife, so I don't really have a direct comparison.
  Re: Re: Forschner II... by Ron (I have a Wusthoff Sa...)
Purchased one of Wustof's knives, a 6" serated one, just to test the waters prior to making "the" major purchase. Never put my knives in the dishwasher as this dulls them. This particular knife has developed several rust spots, about the diameter of a pencil eraser AND some of the serations are chipped. Don't know if this is just the bad apple in the bushel or what? Have had this for a mere 6 months. Wrote to them but have heard nothing back, yet. Just wondering if anyone out there has this brand? Want to invest in a good set of knives, which will hopefully be the last time to buy. Thanks!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: Forschner II... by MUSICMAKER (Purchased one of Wus...)
I have had a Wusthoff Santoku for several years. I've not had a single problem with it...except if I'm not real careful it'll cut right through my fingernail...luckily, not the finger
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
I have Henckles. I have always been very happy with them and never had any problems.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Forschner II... by esgunn (I have Henckles. I...)
I have Henckles and have never had a problem with them either. But, I'm really wondering if they are worth the money. There are other brands out there that are less expensive, and maybe they are just as good.

Also, have a couple of Cutco (sp?) knives that I got suckered into buying my daughter's first year of college. But, I will say this....they really are terrific and I might be tempted to buy more.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Forschner II... by Mare749 (I have Henckles and ...)
I'm of the opinion that buying knives by the set is not a good idea. I prefer to buy knives as they fit me - I have a Wusthoff Santoku, a Forschner boning knife, Costco industrial-type knives. a couple of Sercos.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Forschner II... by cjs (I'm of the opinion t...)
Couldn't agree more Jean. It's rather like buying pots and pans isn't it. One at a time is a great idea. One may end up with an eclectic collection, but oh, so useful.