"Plankings"......
  Re: (...)
You all have seen the delicious recipes for Planked Chicken and Pineapple and Planked Brie with Peach Chutney. Here is one that our friend from the Gormet Life sent me. OMG it looks wonderful, not for the dieting, but wonderful!
Cis
It's the last post on the page, Banana Smores YUM
http://www.chillonline.ca/page.php?type=...storyID=71
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: "Plankings"...... by farnfam (You all have seen th...)
Dieting? Dieting???? Dieting????? Who could diet after reading this????

"TED: To start off your event, try our GRILLED CORN DOG SALAD. It’s not what you might think. Forget the wiener dipped in cornmeal batter and deep-fried. We take fresh cobs of sweet Ontario peaches and cream corn and grill them up. Toss in some grilled smoked sausage and a few other grilled vegetables, add in a beer mustard dressing and wham! Ya got a salad that is better than any dog in a bun. Since I am a planking dude when it comes to the grill, I have brought you my cedar planked PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY FISH recipe. It is a side of salmon seasoned with steak spice and then layered with creamy peanut butter and pineapple rum sauce. Sounds weird but it is absolutely delicious. To finish off your meal, try PLANKING BANANAS STUFFED WITH CHOCOLATE AND BUTTERSCOTCH CHIPS, PECANS AND MARSHMALLOWS. Enjoy some ice-cold brews suggested by beer master Bill White and you have a Labour Day feast to fill your belly and put a smile on your face."

Good God, who wouldn't drool over these goodies - I'm off to copy everything he mentioned!!! I'm in trouble now...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I think the kids would LOVE those banana boat smores!!! Thanks.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: "Plankings"...... by esgunn (I think the kids wou...)
I started looking at the website and noticed 'Ontario Peaches and Cream Corn","Magnotta Wines" etc, and figured it must be from Ontario. Well, not only are they in Ontario, there Head Office is about 10 minutes from my house!!!!! Thanks for the link!!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: "Plankings"...... by Lorraine (I started looking at...)
you are such a lucky duck!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: "Plankings"...... by farnfam (you are such a lucky...)
Thanks so much for providing this link. I think it would be great fun to make that Grilled Corn Dog Salad for a bbq this summer (even though it's truly not corn dogs that are used), and I love the Peanut Butter and Jelly Fish recipe too! These are fun recipes that you don't see everyday

I just bought planks for the first time the other day. I was at the grocery store and the woman in front of me had them so I started a conversation. I ended up having the bagger run and get me some. I'll likely start out with salmon. Sounds fun!
Lori
http://www.RecipeGirl.com

"Everything tastes better with wine"
  Re: Re: "Plankings"...... by SDRecipeGirl (Thanks so much for p...)
If it hadn't been for everyone's comments, I would never have looked at something like that...glad I did.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Quote:

You all have seen the delicious recipes for Planked Chicken and Pineapple and Planked Brie with Peach Chutney. Here is one that our friend from the Gormet Life sent me. OMG it looks wonderful, not for the dieting, but wonderful!
Cis
It's the last post on the page, Banana Smores YUM
http://www.chillonline.ca/page.php?type=...storyID=71

I haven't tried the Banana Smores recipe, but I did try the Grilled Corn Dog Salad with Beer Mustard Dressing (from this site). I brought it to a 4th of July bbq and it was a real hit. There were probably 25-30 different potluck dishes at the party, and the host dubbed this salad as the best one! Thank you Cis for the link to these interesting recipes!!
Lori
http://www.RecipeGirl.com

"Everything tastes better with wine"
  Re: Re: "Plankings"...... by SDRecipeGirl ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
and I'm going to be right behind you, Lori, making this!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thank you, Cis, it all looks like so much fun! The corn dog salad (thanks for reviewing, Lori) is perfect for my girlfriend's annual "Everyone, Everything" party in a few weeks. If anyone (Erin?) makes the banana boats, please review for us!

PJ
PJ