Kiddo Wins Blue Ribbon (again!!)
  Re: (...)
He did it again! A blue ribbon for the San Diego County Fair Kid's Best Breads & Rolls. He didn't get the grand prize, but he got a first place for his Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread (from Cooking Light). This time he was really insistent on doing absolutely everything himself. He said to me several times: "MOM! I can do it myself!!" The most fun part is that he really seems to love to cook
[Image: DSCN2660.jpg]

I won second place in the cheesecake contest with Strawberry Coconut Cheesecake. Fun stuff. Got a ribbon and everything
[Image: DSCF0965.jpg]
Lori
http://www.RecipeGirl.com

"Everything tastes better with wine"
  Re: Kiddo Wins Blue Ribbon (again!!) by SDRecipeGirl (He did it again! A ...)
Hey there, congratulations to you both!!!

(I don't know why I never got into competition..thot about it and never did it...) Good for you guys!!

chocolate/banana bread, chocolate/pumpkin bread - love 'em!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Kiddo Wins Blue Ribbon (again!!) by cjs (Hey there, congratul...)
That is so wonderful! Congratulations to both of you! It looks like your son gets his talent from his mom. Your cheesecake looks fantastic, and so does his marbled banana bread!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Wow, both look great! Congratulations to your boy!

Hey, can I have the recipe for the chocolate banana bread? I have a slew of over ripe bananas right now that I need to do something with!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
Holy cow, that's wonderful! I thought my 14-year-old son making a hollandaise was brag-worthy, but it's no blue ribbon. Wow, I am impressed...please congratulate him for me.
Tammy
Congratulations to both of you! Isn't it great to know you've passed on not just a passion for cooking but a skill that will serve him for life!

Pics are great, by the way

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Kiddo Wins Blue Ribbon (again!!) by pjcooks (Congratulations to b...)
Wow, how wonderful! Both of you are *Superstars*! Congratulations.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Kiddo Wins Blue Ribbon (again!!) by Half_Baked (Wow, how wonderful! ...)
Congratulations...Can we have a recipe of that chocolate banana bread...sounds soooooooo good.

Thanks
  Re: Re: Kiddo Wins Blue Ribbon (again!!) by esgunn (Wow, both look great...)
So sorry for the delayed response. Our day was full of birthday parties, pool and the Red Sox/Padre's game yesterday!!

Here is the winning recipe. If you haven't tried it, it's a nice low fat treat that turns out very moist.

MARBLED CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
2 cups flour
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup granulated sugar
¼ cup butter, softened
1½ cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
½ cup egg substitute
1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 8½ x 4½- inch loaf pan with cooking spray.

2. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups and level with knife. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk together to mix.

3. In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter together on medium- speed until well blended (about 1 minute). Add banana, egg sub., and yogurt; beat until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist.

4. Place chocolate chips in a medium microwave- safe bowl, and microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until almost melted, stirring until smooth. Cool slightly. Add 1 cup of batter to chocolate, stirring until well combined. Spoon chocolate batter alternately with plain batter into prepared pan. Swirl batters together with a knife.

5. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.

Makes 1 loaf

Here is the nutritional info and a picture:
http://www.recipesandentertaining.com/Br...F%20HOME%20PAGE
Lori
http://www.RecipeGirl.com

"Everything tastes better with wine"
  Re: Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe by SDRecipeGirl (So sorry for the del...)
Thank you, Lori!

PJ
PJ