Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary
  Re: (...)
Here's what I decided to do tonight, with some modifications. It's just too hot to cook in the house.

Received 2 of my low-sodium cookbooks today. Here is the recipe I'm going to use, modified a little. I'm going to use more oil and put the seasoning in it, then grill.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary

Recipe By : American Heart Association Low-Salt Cookbook pg 124-125
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 pound pork tenderloin -- visible fat removed
vegetable oil spray
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (1 tsp dried, crushed)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 medium garlic clove (1/2 tsp bottled) -- minced
3/4 teaspoon no-salt-added lemon pepper
1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon dry white wine (low-sodium chicken broth)

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Rinse pork and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.

Spray a 12- X 8- X 2-inch glass baking dish with vegetable oil spray. Combine olive oil, rosemary, lemon juice, garlic, and lemon pepper in baking dish. Roll pork in mixture, coating well. Tuck ends under.

Bake for 20 minutes. Turn over and bake for another 20 to 25 minutes, or until pork registers 160°F for medium or 170°F for well-done on a meat thermometer. Transfer pork to a cutting board, retaining liquid in baking dish and leaving oven on. Let pork stand for 5 minutes. Thinly slice pork diagonally across grain. Arrange on a serving platter.

Meanwhile, add broth and wine to liquid in baking dish, scraping bottom and sides of dish and stirring until well blended. Return dish to oven for 3 to 4 minutes, or until broth is heated through. Pour over pork slices.

Calories 175, protein 24g, carbohydrates 1g, cholesterol 67mg, total fat 8g (saturated 2g, polyunsaturated 1 g, monounsaturated 4g), fiber 0g, sodium 132mg, potassium 389mg, calcium 9mg

May substitute turkey tenderloins for the pork.

Serving 3 oz.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary by bjcotton (Here's what I decide...)
Looks like a good one. I'll add it to my list to try. My list is getting really long since I've joined this forum!
  Re: Re: Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary by HomeCulinarian (Looks like a good on...)
Ain't it the truth? I used to have a fairly short [a 100 or so] "to do" recipes, but now I have a couple of thousand

Billy
  Re: Re: Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary by bjcotton (Ain't it the truth? ...)
This was an outstandingly flavourful tenderloin. After adding a little salt to mine, it was even better. I'd give it a 7.5 or 8 on our scale. Very tasty.

Billy
  Re: Re: Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary by bjcotton (This was an outstand...)
my, this does sound tasty!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary by bjcotton (This was an outstand...)
Billy..you really MUST stop with the pork tenderloins etc and save for your next trip to NZ!! Every cent.
Otherwise look at winning a lottery, or having a benefactor. You ever had one of those??
Try the same flavours with pork schnitzel...lololol
  Re: Re: Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary by Lyndee (Billy..you really MU...)
I had two benefactors in my life Lyndee, Dale and Lorraine. With Fredia so ill, it'll probably be some time before I can again get on the road.

Snitzel...hmmmmmmm

Billy
  Re: Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary by bjcotton (Here's what I decide...)
Billy, I've always done my pork tenderloins that way- with the exception of the lemon. I will try it that way next time, sounds like it livens it up quite a bit! Thanks.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary by pjcooks (Billy, I've always d...)
I discovered that I can use the lemon juice in something and it doesn't bother Fredia. I can use the zest as long as I cook whatever it is in, I guess it cooks away the oil, and it doesn't bother her either. Woohoo!

Billy