Pineapple Half
  Re: (...)
Today we went fishing and caught a pile of delicious bass. I looked in the fridge to see what else there was to accompany the fish, and spied the other pineapple half. We shook a couple of teaspoons of sugar sub on the face of it and threw it on the grill for about 30mins on med. Sliced up some Romaine hearts and dressed with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Grilled that for a few minutes, chopped and tossed with chunked,cooked pineapple. Topped with coursely chopped walnuts. Very yummy, seasoned orzo with feta on the side. MMMM what a good dinner.
Cis
ps We breaded and fried the bass
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Pineapple Half by farnfam (Today we went fishin...)
Oh Cis, that sounds wonderful. I am so looking forward to cooking for 'Me' again. I'm dying to grill that pineapple that everyone is swooning over...mmm.

We had a semi-surprise visit by family that threw me off a bit, lol.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Pineapple Half by farnfam (Today we went fishin...)
Sounds so good, cis. I'll tell you after the 'plank' dinner, I sure won't be peelig the pineapple anyomre for the grill - how easy is that? and the 'meat' comes away too!

The whole dinner - yummy!(yours )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pineapple Half by cjs (Sounds so good, cis....)
This whole meal sounds wonderful, Cis! But I am particularly interested in that salad you made. I've only grilled romaine once (well, actually Ron did) but I remember we did like it a lot. Yours sounds especially tasty.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."