Pimiento Cheese & Bacon Burger-Review
  Re: (...)
from Issue #63 - Pulled out all the stops and made these up yesterday. What a nice addition the Pimiento cheese is to the burger! I'll certainly do this again. Because we're so crazy about grilled onions, I didn't put the onion slice between two layers of beef patties - we added it, grilled. Yum!

For dessert I made the Lemon Bars from Issue #49, p.23. Almond flavoring is not my favorite, but tried it as written and it was very good! Well, almost as written, I used ~1T. lemon zest instead of the 2 tsp. Good lemony flavor.

Erin, I'm so glad you mentioned the burgers - I had forgotten about them!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Pimiento Cheese & Bacon Burger-Review by cjs (from Issue #63 - Pul...)
I love all cheeses and all forms of beef. I have never enjoyed putting them together. I just love a hamburger with meat, lettuce, tomatoes, dill pickles, onions, and lots of mustard!! A-1 sauce on the french frys.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Pimiento Cheese & Bacon Burger-Review by Old Bay (I love all cheeses a...)
Thanks for the review Jean. I still have not made these - or the planked chicken ! With the death in the family, impromptu get together afterword, the heat and my raspberries starting to ripen....I have been out of touch.

I am going to make both these dishes, especialy with the heat now! The kids and I will be on our own. Hubby is off flying again come Saturday. We will be living out on the shady deck.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Pimiento Cheese & Bacon Burger-Review by cjs (from Issue #63 - Pul...)
We finally made these! They are great! Even my hubby who loves a burger covered in Ketchup really liked these. It will be hard not to eat them too often!

We did the same as Jean - grilled the onions instead of stuffing the burgers. So good.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Pimiento Cheese & Bacon Burger-Review by esgunn (We finally made thes...)
Thanks Erin, I'll have to do this real soon, hubbie loves burgers!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Pimiento Cheese & Bacon Burger-Review by Mare749 (Thanks Erin, I'll ha...)
My husband turned up his nose for this recipe when I showed him it. With all of the rave reviews, I may just put it in the lineup before summer is over anyway.
  Re: Re: Pimiento Cheese & Bacon Burger-Review by HomeCulinarian (My husband turned up...)
To the top for those who didn't have the magazine last year - these are so good!! Thanks Meg for the reminder!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pimiento Cheese & Bacon Burger-Review by cjs (To the top for those...)
Any time, Jean!

Has anyone tried the baked beans? I'm going to make them tonight but I forgot to get the jalapeno to top them with. Will I be missing out without the peppers?
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Re: Pimiento Cheese & Bacon Burger-Review by mlucas1 (Any time, Jean! [i...)
No, I didn't, but the l/o cheese sauce was wonderful on twice baked potatoes the next night.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pimiento Cheese & Bacon Burger-Review by cjs (No, I didn't, but th...)
I made the beans sans the jalapenos and in my opinion, they were great without it. Just the right amount of sweet and hot/spicy.

Great idea for the cheese sauce! I have it in a container in my fridge waiting for a good use!

Mark loved the burgers, by the way. Delicious meal! Great one for casual entertaining. I'm thinking about when we move to Texas and possibly having to entertain the boss and other co-workers.
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]