For Madmax - The Griller-To-Be!!
  Re: (...)
madmax (Tracie) just bot her first gas grill a week or so ago, but she's waiting till we get down to Medford to play with it - I'm so excited for her.

If any of you would be kind enough to list some of your favorite things to grill (and how you do it), it would sure be a nice way to get her started!!

Tracie, here's what your Dad and I had last nite - along with a little bowl of baked beans. great dinner

[Image: grilling.jpg]

I'll try the watermelon again - this was the most blah tasting one we've had all year, it was terrible! But, everything else was wonderful.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: For Madmax - The Griller-To-Be!! by cjs (madmax (Tracie) just...)
I love chicken marinated in white wine worcestershire, portobellos with balsamic, zucchini sliced long wise, bell peppers, flank steak, pork tenderloin, and on and on----
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: For Madmax - The Griller-To-Be!! by cjs (madmax (Tracie) just...)
What fun! I recommend the Weeknight Grilling book. Everything we tried so far was wonderful!

We do most vegetables on the grill, tossed in olive oil and kosher salt. Especially asparagus, zucchini, onions, eggplant, peppers, potato wedges, green beans.
  Re: Re: For Madmax - The Griller-To-Be!! by HomeCulinarian (What fun! I recomme...)
Slice some eggplant the long way about 1/2 inch thick-grill until you have nice grill marks on both sides. Use to make your usual eggplant parmesan--nice smokey twist.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: For Madmax - The Griller-To-Be!! by Old Bay (Slice some eggplant ...)
Along the same lines with the eggplant, I brush olive oil on both sides, grill till soft, then top with a slice of provolone. It's good as a side or on a hoagie roll with pasta sauce.

Whenever I'm cooking for the whole family and don't have the time to stand at the grill turning veggies, I cut them up to fill a big bowl, season with s&p, some fresh herbs, and olive oil. Then turn them out onto a big piece of heavy duty foil, and fold them up. I usually end up with a long package the length of a baking sheet, and half as wide. Put that on the grill for about 30 minutes for just tender, 45 min. if you like them softer like we do. Here is my basic combination that I build on according to what I have on hand.

zucchini, sliced thick
yellow squash, sliced thick
sweet onion, chunked
red and yellow pepper strips

We always leave corn in the husk while grilling, as it is very easy to clean after it's cooked. During the warmer weather, we cook all of our meats, poultry, and fish on the grill.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: For Madmax - The Griller-To-Be!! by Mare749 (Along the same lines...)
I'm going to do the Grilled Balsamic Onion today, but as Jean suggested. Cut into thick slices and put on skewers; but, I'm going a step further, I picked up some large button mushrooms today, nice, cheap too, so I'm going to clean them and alternate with the onion slices. Sounds wunnerful, so I'm doing to do it.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: For Madmax - The Griller-To-Be!! by HomeCulinarian (What fun! I recomme...)
Oh yes I have had Weeknight Grilling book for about 6 weeks now and I think thats a large part of why I finally broke down and got a gas grill, have always had charcoal and felt it was kind of a pain (personel opinion) and now I look at my beautiful big gas grill and think in a matter of minutes I can be cooking. Thanks so much for the ideas I'm going to be having so much fun and probadly eat healthier, veggies and fruit on a grill does it get better
Now to wait patiently for my mom to get here and get some lessons (never cooked with gas before), Geez with what I want to try and these ideas I don't think we're going to have time to do anything but eat!!!!
  Re: Re: For Madmax - The Griller-To-Be!! by madmax (Oh yes I have had We...)
"Geez with what I want to try and these ideas I don't think we're going to have time to do anything but eat!!!!"

...and the problem with that would be????

(you're getting some good ideas here, kiddo)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: For Madmax - The Griller-To-Be!! by cjs ("Geez with what I wa...)
If you do the Grilled Balsamic Onions and decide to add mushrooms to the mix, do like your mom suggested to me Tracie. Put them on different skewers since they cook differently. Also, unless you have the flat skewers, use two to keep them from turning/falling apart.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: For Madmax - The Griller-To-Be!! by bjcotton (If you do the Grille...)
Well grilling time is almost here again....and thanks to our old friend 'anon' I saw this thread resurrected and since there were so many good ideas, why not bring it up again.

P.S. Madmax is turning into one very good grillin' mama!! Altho, I think she's going to turn into an onion - her favorite thing to grill....next to T Bones.
www.achefsjourney.com