It Was Soooo Bad.....
  Re: (...)
We had to gobble it down so if someone came along they wouldn't get sick eating it We grilled steaks, made the Mushroom Medley with Spinach Jean posted, used the marinade from the Grilled Balsamic Onions to brush on to thick sliced onions and large button mushrooms. It was simply delicious, the whole thing. With a little refining of our techniques it'll be even better.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: It Was Soooo Bad..... by bjcotton (We had to gobble it ...)
Don't you just love when that happens. I'll have to try that this weekend with your sauce recipe. It sounds like you have a real winner with this one.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: It Was Soooo Bad..... by Mare749 (Don't you just love ...)
It was great Maryann, but I'd advise you to either double or triple the sauce recipe. We ran out before we could give everything a good coat, but sure was tasty

Billy
  Re: Re: It Was Soooo Bad..... by bjcotton (It was great Maryann...)
I have a big ole Walla Walla Sweet sitting on the counter that just probably better be used to try this sauce out!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: It Was Soooo Bad..... by cjs (I have a big ole Wal...)
Until we try it again Jean, I'm not sure how much basting we should do. They each had some, but not a lot since we did the mushrooms too, could taste the flavor but it wasn't prominent. Just before the mushrooms were done Marilee put some cubed, smoked Gouda in a couple and some of the Balsamico I brought back from NZ in a couple of others. I didn't get to taste either because they were just gone all of a sudden. Marilee and Brian both had these satisfied smiles on their faces so I guess they got them all

Billy
  Re: Re: It Was Soooo Bad..... by bjcotton (Until we try it agai...)
Well maybe in the long run not having too much to baste with was a good thing. Those flavors could very easily overpower onions and mushrooms, or whatever veggies are used. Just a hint of flavor is a good thing - plus healthier!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: It Was Soooo Bad..... by cjs (Well maybe in the lo...)
Okay, Billy, I've got 4 skewers ready for the grill. I cut thick slices of Vidalias and alternated with whole baby bellas. Also got some fresh corn. It's being brought up from the south, but it's been nice and sweet. And I got another pineapple to put on the grill too. This with a juicy steak and we'll be eating well tonight!

Jean, thanks for the tip about the basting sauce. I made Billy's recipe x 4, just so I would have enough, but I think I'll use a light hand near the end.

This is fun, I'm learning to grill at the same time as Madmax, so I figure you two will have plenty of advice for me. Now, if only I could stop burning myself!

Maryann
Maryann

Re: Re: It Was Soooo Bad..... by Mare749 (Okay, Billy, I've go...)
I called Jean before I put these on the grill last night and on her advice, we put all the mushrooms on their own skewers and the onions on theirs. They cook at different rates so it was easier to manage.

Billy
  Re: Re: It Was Soooo Bad..... by bjcotton (I called Jean before...)
Yes, I found that out the hard way tonight. Not bad for my first attempt though and everything tasted great.

Maryann
Maryann

Re: Re: It Was Soooo Bad..... by Mare749 (Yes, I found that ou...)
I was going to call you and then realized what time it was. I should have gone back and added that note.

Billy