Bridal Shower Menu Suggestions Wanted!
  Re: (...)
I am co-hosting a bridal shower for my niece next month. The Theme is RECIPES. With the invitation, the guest will receive a recipe card. The guest is to write a favorite recipe on the card and then the gift is something used for the recipe. For example, a cheesecake recipe with a spring form pan. We will get her a recipe box to hold the cards.

We will be having my niece make a cake from scratch and we will record the recipe, bake and serve it to the guests. We'll set up the usual ingredients, measuring cups, pans, etc., and the bride will provide the entertainment. I think I’ll get her an apron and chef's hat to wear for more entertaining photos!

This will be an afternoon event, so not lunch and not dinner. I planned to try the Champagne Punch Recipe I got from one of you. And I’m also looking for some suggestions for the buffet. People will be balancing their plates on their laps. Perhaps a buffet of tidbits? Regional theme for the food choices?

I'm seeking suggestions!
  Re: Bridal Shower Menu Suggestions Wanted! by HomeCulinarian (I am co-hosting a br...)
Boy, are you in luck! Two years ago, when we had my daughter's baby shower, (spur of the moment because the baby was early) Jean stepped up and saved the day. Gave me my whole menu, as I recall. That champagne punch is her recipe and it was a huge hit. She also has an excellent meatball recipe.

I like your idea for tidbits. So much nicer when people have to balance food on their laps. Some of us made the hors that were in the December C@H, issue 60, and thought they were pretty good. That would be the Crab Louis Cucumber Cups, and Chipotle Chicken Tostadas. The current issue 64, has some good sounding appys, Japanese Meatballs and Grilled Shrimp and Scallops, but I have not tried those yet.

My Mastercook program came with a recipe book called Appetizers, which has 213 recipes. Maybe Billy could tell me how to copy those and I could email them to you?

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Bridal Shower Menu Suggestions Wanted! by Mare749 (Boy, are you in luck...)
Thanx -- I already have MC software, so no need to make copies. Good suggestions!

I thought to ask where they'll be going on their honeymoom and perhaps use that as the cuisine.
  Re: Re: Bridal Shower Menu Suggestions Wanted! by HomeCulinarian (Thanx -- I already h...)
Now that is really a fun idea! Very creative! I went to a shower like that actually. The couple was going to Hawaii and even wore costumes.

I knew that you had gotten the MC program, but I didn't know if you had the appetizer cookbook with yours. My MC is a combination of versions 4,5,6 and 8, as well as several Cooking Light books. So, I have a total of 62 books. Don't you wonder why I ever need to look anywhere else for a recipe?

Maryann
Maryann

Re: Re: Bridal Shower Menu Suggestions Wanted! by Mare749 (Now that is really a...)
You mean you don't have version 9.0 Maryann? Oh the shame of it, shame, shame, shame. Did that make you feel bad?

HC, I'm sorry I can't be of help with this, I have lots of appetizer recipes, but haven't made that many of them. One that Jean served us at her daughter's house was just delicious and pretty easy:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Bacon Crisps

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Appetizers

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 pound sliced bacon -- cut in half
1 sleeve Waverly Wafers or other buttery rec

Barbie's sister made a tin full of these. They were gobbled up by Americans and Brits alike.
These can be frozen after they're cooked. Place the frozen crisps on a baking sheet and reheat
them for 5 minutes in a 350°F oven.

Preheat the oven to 250F.

Place 1 teaspoon of the cheese on each cracker
and wrap tightly with a strip of bacon (no toothpick required!). Place the wrapped crackers on a broiler rack on a baking sheet and put the baking sheet on the oven rack; bake for 2 hours, or until the bacon is done. 1) Do not turn. Drain on paper towels. Serve hot or at room temperature. Makes 3 servings
NOTE: We were a little impatient during our testing and baked these at 350°F for about 40 minutes, with good results.

Description:
"Paula Deen"
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Bridal Shower Menu Suggestions Wanted! by bjcotton (You mean you don't h...)
No, not yet, Billy. In fact, by the time I got V8, it must have been out for a while, because it seemed like only a few months later V9 was on the market. I've been itching to upgrade though, so probably will shortly.

Gosh, those bacon crisps sound yummy! I just might have to be making those one of these days.

Maryann
Maryann

Re: Bridal Shower Menu Suggestions Wanted! by HomeCulinarian (I am co-hosting a br...)
what a fun idea for a shower!! Here's a couple of ideas for easy 'grazing' -

Tortilla wraps
BLT stuffed cherry tomatoes
an antipasto tray
Danish Meatball with Dill sauce
Miniature tarts - walnut & leeks
Shrimp wrapped in Peas
Fruit platter (plain or with a marshmallow/cream cheese dip)

My mind is not working real sharply this a.m. - partied too much with friends last nite and just a tad hung over...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bridal Shower Menu Suggestions Wanted! by cjs (what a fun idea for ...)
Your mind is sharp enough to provide some great ideas! I especially like the idea of stuffed cherry tomatoes. We'll have a bumper crop of them to harvest in about a month, and I was thinking about stuffing them with something! Or several somethings.
What a terrific idea for a shower! That would have been perfect for me (RecipeGirl!).

I hosted my SIL's wedding and baby showers. They were both luncheons. I did summer salads and finger sandwiches, along with lemon bars and brownies for dessert treats.

Here are a few ideas- click on the link & scroll to the bottom to see the finger sandwich recipes.

Apricot Cream Cheese Finger Sandwiches
Chicken Curry Finger Sandwiches
Crab and Shrimp Cocktail Sandwich Rounds
Goat Cheese Finger Sandwiches
http://www.recipesandentertaining.com/Br...F%20HOME%20PAGE

I helped prepare this pasta salad at my own wedding shower and always make it for large gatherings- it's wonderful:

Chicken Pasta Salad
http://www.recipesandentertaining.com/Sa...F%20HOME%20PAGE
Lori
http://www.RecipeGirl.com

"Everything tastes better with wine"
  Re: Fun! by SDRecipeGirl (What a terrific idea...)
Thanx for the ideas. I looked at the pasta salad recipe and it looks very good! So good that I'll try halving the recipe to try for a weeknight summer salad dinner!