Do you have a favorite bundt cake recipe?
  Re: (...)
If so, would you please post it? I haven't made a bundt cake in at least 20 years. I don't know why really, except I've never been overly fond of baking. (But, I love to nose around a bakery!) Anyway, I am going to be acquiring one of those pretty bundt pans that look like a chrysanthemum. So, I would love to have some recipes that could be used in it, and any advice you may have regarding the use of this pan. Thanks everybody.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Do you have a favorite bundt cake recipe? by Mare749 (If so, would you ple...)
I have several to share - just need to dig them up ...

For gifts, potlucks, office sweets days, I double sweet bread recipes (banana, zucchini, pumpkin, etc.) and bake them in a bundt pan. Makes something easy look fancier!
  Re: Re: Do you have a favorite bundt cake recipe? by HomeCulinarian (I have several to sh...)
Here's our (and especially my mother's!!!) all time favorite - but, gotta warn you, it's so bad for us!!!

APPLE CAKE WITH CARAMEL SAUCE

Recipe By :a Chef's Journey via Margaret's D-I-L, chef at J's Winery
Serving Size : 12

1 1/2 cup Wesson oil
2 cup sugar
3 eggs
3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsps cinnamon
3 cup coarsley chopped Granny Smith apples, UNPEELED
1 cup walnuts
2 tsps vanilla
CARAMEL SAUCE:
1 cup butter
2 cup light brown sugar
1 cup heavy cream

Preheat oven to 325°.
Butter & flour a 10" Bundt pan.
Using an electric mixer, blend together the oil & sugar in a large bowl.
Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.

Sift flour, soda, nutmeg & cinnamon into egg mixture, beating thoroughly.
The batter will be very stiff.
Fold the apples & walnuts into the batter with a spatula, then stir in the vanilla.
Spoon batter into prepared pan.

Bake for 1 1/4 hours, or till a pick inserted in cake comes out clean.
Place pan on a rack; let cool for about 1 hour.

TO MAKE CARAMEL SAUCE:
Melt butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan set over medium heat.
Stir in brown sugar.
When sugar dissolves, add the cream, whisking to form an emulsion.

Gently turn cake out onto a plate.
Pour about 1/2 cup of the warm sauce over the cake to form a glaze.
Serve immediately, with a little of the remaining sauce spooned over each slice, or let the cake cool completely.

The sauce keeps well in frig, but it should be reheated before serving.

Description:
"Mom's all time favorite dessert!"

------

and of course, this one we all love -

WHITE PEPPER & GINGER LEMON CAKE - C2C/BILLY
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Do you have a favorite bundt cake recipe? by cjs (Here's our (and espe...)
Jean's cake is truly wonderful Maryann. I've made it a couple of times. Screw it up a time or two trying different ways to do it. Y'all know I can leave anything alone
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Do you have a favorite bundt cake recipe? by cjs (Here's our (and espe...)
You're right Jean, this isn't exactly a WW dessert, but it sure looks good. This is similar to my mom's apple cake recipe except that she made it in a 9 x 13 pan. It was one of our favorites too. Thanks for posting it.

I haven't made the White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake yet, but I'm glad you mentioned it because it would probably be a good one for this type of pan. Now, if I could just get my mind to imagine those flavors.......

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Do you have a favorite bundt cake recipe? by bjcotton (Jean's cake is truly...)
That pepper and lemon cake is one of the most unbelievable cakes I have ever made. I was reluctant to make it as well----the flavors "sounded" really weird but OH MY!!! You will love it-----ah--go ahead---you will love it and come back so's I can say "I told you so"!!!

Now I have to go for Jean's----into MC as we speak----just have to find some time and a little respite for the calorie count----
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Do you have a favorite bundt cake recipe? by Roxanne 21 (That pepper and lemo...)
I was wondering if someone could tell me where to find the white pepper and lemon ginger bundt cake recipe - I don't remember reading it on this web site but maybe I missed it. Martha Stewart had a apple cake with caramel sauce recipe this year that is incredible. I'd love to try this pepper one too!
  Re: Re: Do you have a favorite bundt cake recipe? by Bethp (I was wondering if s...)
You can white pepper in any grocery herb/spice section.

Beth, here's Billy's cake recipe - it's wonderful!

* Exported from MasterCook *

WHITE PEPPER & GINGER LEMON CAKE - C2C/BILLY

Recipe By :Maida Heatter

2 large lemons -- zest finely grated
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 by-1/2 inch piece fresh ginger (see note)
3 cups all-purpose flour -- plus more for dusting pan (divided)
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons freshly ground white pepper
1 cup unsalted butter -- at room temperature
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
Lemon glaze
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup granulated sugar

This cake has an intriguing, albeit unexpected, combination of sweet and hot flavors. That has made it an often-requested alternative to the common lemon pound cake. The cake is similar in concept to a pound cake but is as dense, rich and moist as an English pudding.

Cake: Adjust the oven rack one-third up from the bottom of the oven and preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 10- to 12-cup Bundt pan. Dust with flour and shake out any excess.

In a small cup, combine the zest and juice. Grate (do not mince) the ginger and add it to the lemon juice mixture. Set aside.

Sift together the flour, baking soda and baking powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.

In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the sugar and beat for about 1 minute. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating until incorporated after each addition.

Reduce the speed to low, add the flour mixture in 3 additions alternately with the buttermilk in 2 additions, beginning and ending with the flour. Stir in the lemon and ginger mixture and blend just until combined.

Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Smooth the top by briskly rotating the pan first in one direction, then the other (the batter should be rather heavy).

Bake for 70 to 80 minutes, until a cake tester inserted gently in the middle comes out clean and dry. (If you have used a 12-cup pan, the cake will not rise to the top of the pan, but that is all right.) Make glaze as soon as the cake is put in the oven to allow the flavors time to meld.

Let the cake stand in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes. Cover with a rack, turn the pan and rack over, remove the pan and place the cake on the rack over a large piece of aluminum foil to catch drippings of the glaze.

Glaze the cake while it is still warm. After the cake is removed from the pan but while it is still warm, stir the glaze to recombine. Using a pastry brush, brush the glaze over the warm cake, allowing some to drip into the hole. The cake will easily absorb all of the glaze. If some of the glaze drips onto the foil, pour the glaze back over the cake. Set aside until cool.

Using 2 wide metal spatulas, or using a flat-sided baking sheet as a spatula, transfer the cake to a serving plate. The cake is even beter if it ages for a day or two covered with plastic wrap -- the spicy hotness cools a bit as it ages.

Glaze: In a bowl, combine the juice and sugar. Makes about 1/2 cup.

Note: To grate ginger, peel it and use a ginger grater, a microplaner, a rasp or a fine-holed grater.

Description:
"The Oregonian, 1/25/05"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Do you have a favorite bundt cake recipe? by cjs (You can white pepper...)
Beth, the recipe looks long and involved, but it isn't really, it's fairly simple. Sometimes I experiment with the white pepper quantities to get a little more of the warmth and flavor in the back of my throat. That's where you really experience the white pepper flavor. Be patient about basting with the lemon/sugar mixture, just keep basting until it's all gone. You'll be glad you did and glad you made this cake. It stays moist [not soggy] for a long time.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Do you have a favorite bundt cake recipe? by bjcotton (Beth, the recipe loo...)
You two are not only fantastic, you're fast!! Thanks so very much! I also need to use up some buttermilk so your response couldn't have come at a better time. I'll be making it tomorrow for dinner on Monday. Thanks A LOT!! I've never heard of such an interesting cake!