For You Pizza Lovers
  Re: (...)
I found this in Country Home magazine in the Dr's office that others had torn things out of, so I did too:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Green Garlic Pesto, Ricotta, and Mozzarella Pizza

Recipe By :Original recipe from Andrew Reinberg, Franny's restaurant, Brooklyn
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Miscellaneous

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 head garlic (10 cloves), separated and peeled, or 1/4 lb green garlic scapes
sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 1/4 cups fresh Italian parsley, flat-leaf
1 cup fresh mint leaves
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup Pecorino Romano cheese (2 oz) -- cut in small pieces
4 canned anchovy fillets
coarse sea salt or Kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
1/2 recipe Basic Pizza Dough -- recipe follows
cornmeal
4 ounces fresh Ricotta cheese -- thinly sliced
4 ounces fresh Mozzarella cheese -- thinly sliced
Pizza Dough
1 package active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups warm (105°-115°) water
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons salt

For garlic pesto, in a medium skillet heat 2 Tbs of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook about 5 minutes or until golden. Set aside and cool. In a food processor combine parsley, mint, basil, pine nuts, Pecorino, and anchovies. Cover; process until mixture forms a paste. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl. Add the cooked garlic (and oil from skillet) to the food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Add to herb mixture. Stir in remaining olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide pesto in half; cover and refrigerate 1 portion up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.* Use remaining portion for the pizza.

Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven; preheat to 450°F. To assemble pizza, on a lightly floured surface, roll pizza dough to 1/8 inch thick (about 12 inch) circle. Dust another baking sheet with cornmeal and place rolled dough on it. Spread pesto over dough to within 1/2 inch of edges. Top with ricotta and mozzarella. Using a wide metal spatula, carefully slide the pizza from baking sheet onto hot stone or hot baking sheet in oven. Bake about 15 minutes or until crust is crisp and golden. Serve immediately.

BASIC PIZZA DOUGH: In a large mixing bowl dissolve 1 package active dry yeast in warm water; let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk in 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour and 2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let stand in a warm place until doubled (1 hour). Stir in 2 cups more all-purpose flour and 2 tsps salt. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic. Divide dough in half (use 1 portion for the pizza). Cover and let dough rest 10 minutes before rolling out. Use immediately or wrap and freeze for up to 3 months.

*NOTE: Pesto may also be tossed with pasta or spread atop grilled or toasted bread and topped with ricotta and tomatoes for crostini.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: For You Pizza Lovers by bjcotton (I found this in Coun...)
Copied! I just have to try this one! Thank you.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: For You Pizza Lovers by Mare749 (Copied! I just have...)
I'm not much of a pizza eater/maker Maryann, but this sounded good...at least vicariously.

Billy
Hi looks like a great recipe / will try this soon.

But I have been looking for a Great Pizza Sauce
do you have a recipe for the regular sauce for Pizza.
thanks for any help.
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: For You Pizza Lovers by mjkcooking (Hi looks like a gr...)
MJ, I don't have one, but I'm sure the others will have some great recipes. They should be along soon to help you out.

Billy
  Re: Re: For You Pizza Lovers by bjcotton (MJ, I don't have one...)
here's my go to marinara sauce that's quick and easy and tasty!

* Exported from MasterCook *

MARINARA SAUCE

28 ounces plum tomatoes -- canned
2 T. tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 cloves garlic -- minced
1 T. brown sugar
1 bay leaf.
1 T. olive oil
1/4 teaspoon cider vinegar

In a medium saucepan, combine the tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, basil, pepper, garlic, brown sugar and bay leaf. Gently simmer for 30 minutes. Do not allow to boil.

Stir in the olive oil and vinegar and simmer for 30 minutes more.

For using as a pizza sauce, allow the sauce to simmer the first time for 1 hour to thicken. Then add the olive oil and vinegar for another 30 minute simmer.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
is my favorite pizza, available only in New Haven, CT so far as I know. It has a white sauce with cheese and clams and I like it with mushrooms and onions. I was lucky enough to have one a couple of weeks ago. Yum, yum
  Re: White clam by lxxf (is my favorite pizza...)
Wow, I don't think I've made this in a hundred years - white clam pizza, the family used to love it!!

White Clam Pizza

1 T. oil
1 med. size onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 c. fontina or mozzarella, shredded, divided (I think I did 1/2 & 1/2...)
2 (10-oz. each) cans whole baby clams, drained
3 T. chopped parsley

a pizza crust - unbaked

Have the pizza dough at the ready & set aside.
About 45 min. before serving, saute the onion and garlic slowly, till the onion is opaque, but not browned.
Sprikle 1 1/2 c. of the cheese over the dough; then top w/the sauteed onion mixture.
Put the pizza in the oven on the bottom rack of oven for ~20 min..
Remove from oven, sprinkle the clams over the top of pizza; sprinkle w/the chopped parsley, & the remaining shredded cheese.
Put back in oven and bake another ~5 min., or till clams are heated thru & crust is browned and crisp.

Nowadays, I'm sure I would work this over for the grill!!Smile
lxxf, I'm so glad you mentioned this - I had forgotten all about it!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: White clam by cjs (Wow, I don't think I...)
I'm salivating as we speak. At what temp should the oven be set? I'm going to have to try this one.
  Re: Re: White clam by lxxf (I'm salivating as we...)
425 - 450 F.
www.achefsjourney.com