Grilling
  Re: (...)
Gee, we had fun the last few days grilling our fool heads off at Tracie's. Grilling is now old hat for her and she is as crazy about the veggies as the rest of us are.

We made quesadillas two mornings - one morning a veggie and the other a steak. She so wanted to cook a steak while we were there and this was the only way we could work one into the 'food' schedule...

we also cooked up scallops, Alaskan crab legs, cinnamon-coffee chix thighs, more veggies and of course pineapple. I did ask her what her favorite of all that we cooked was and she said - the onions!

We are in San Jose (yestrday and today) and since my d-i-l loves scallops, I'm doing our dinner review menu for them tonite - I think I'll go the whole way with the salad topping a bed of angel hair pasta. Haven't thot of a dessert yet...maybe WeightWatcher ice cream bars

Wednesday, we head out to Stockton and an evening with Sharon (Harborwitch) and Bob - can't wait to see what she comes up with!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Grilling by cjs (Gee, we had fun the ...)
What onions did you do? We really like onions here. Sometimes we just chop or slice them and sauté them as a side dish. Was it the Grilled Balsamic Onions?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Grilling by bjcotton (What onions did you ...)
no - just skewer thick slices of onion and grill until nice and caramelized - so not too high heat. Like eating candy...sorry Bill (old bay)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com