Tracie's Grilliing Prowess
  Re: (...)
Our first quesadillas - I lied, they weren't veggie only, we added a little sausage and shrimp...

[Image: quesadillaone.jpg]

the next morning - quesadillas again

[Image: quesadillatwo.jpg]

she really liked the pineapple also -
[Image: pineapple.jpg]

and we did the cinnamon-coffee chicken - we sure love this, but I've got to quite eating it before we get tired of it!! (with BBQ Pasta Salad)
[Image: cinncoffeechix.jpg]

What a fun project this was!

And thanks for all of you guys' ideas!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tracie's Grilliing Prowess by cjs (Our first quesadilla...)
I can smell that half way across the country!!!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Tracie's Grilliing Prowess by Old Bay (I can smell that ha...)
What's the pasta salad Jean? That looks delicious. Guess I'll have to try the chicken recipe too. Just can't stand it when you all talk about something you like so well and the "sound" of it doesn't appeal to me.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Tracie's Grilliing Prowess by bjcotton (What's the pasta sal...)
get with it billy! You'll love 'em both!

BBQ MACARONI SALAD

16 ozs salad macaroni -- cooked
1/2 cup red onion -- minced, red or white
8 ozs marinara sauce
1 1/2 cup celery -- chopped
1 cup sweet pickle relish
4 ozs black olives -- chopped or sliced
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
salt and pepper

Drain, rinse the macaroni and mix together with the onion, marinara sauce, celery, relish, olives & chili powder.
Add the mayonnaise or Miracle Whip, salt and pepper and mix together
Cover and refrigerate a few hours or overnight.
---------
Because I've always been such an early riser, when we'd visit friends overnight, I was always the first up the in the morning and as long as my hostess had the coffee ready for me to make and point me to her collection of cookbooks and recipes, I was content to wait for the world to wake up and join me. This recipe is one (of the many) I copied from one of my oldest friends Catherine Shannon Sadler one early morn. Over the years we have changed and modified the salad to fit each family's preference. Kept refrigerated, it will keep a week and just gets better and better tasting.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tracie's Grilliing Prowess by cjs (Our first quesadilla...)
My mouth is watering! Nice presentations, to boot!
  Re: Re: Tracie's Grilliing Prowess by HomeCulinarian (My mouth is watering...)
You like our paper plates????
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tracie's Grilliing Prowess by cjs (You like our paper p...)
Of course we like your paper plates! They rock!

Tracie is getting to be a real old hand at this grilling stuff! Good job Mom!

In a similar vein - I posted a photo to a neighborhood website trying to get some foodies interested in a gourmet dinner group. After posting I took a close look at the photo - a bottle of 2 buck chuck and the corresponding cork right there in the photo, alongside the food! Real flippin' "gourmet" I thought - until I heard that their Chardonnay took the gold medal in the state competition!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tracie's Grilliing Prowess by cjs (You like our paper p...)
I was so focused on the food, I didn't even notice until I went back just now and looked again! I looked at this right before leaving for lunch, so I was hungry and salivating!
  Re: Re: Tracie's Grilliing Prowess by HomeCulinarian (I was so focused on ...)
" trying to get some foodies interested in a gourmet dinner group." - how fun if you can get some interested. Have you ever been part of one before?

Over the years, we've been involved in two and loved them both!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tracie's Grilliing Prowess by cjs (" trying to get some...)
My oldest brother, Dave, lives up by Jean and yesterday he called Marilee and asked her to get him some of the Two Buck Chuck from one of the stores here in Portland. He wanted both the red and the white. Course it's not two bucks anymore
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy