Alyssa update! Good News!
  Re: (...)
Hi everyone,
Alyssa came through her surgery extremely well. Everything was right on schedule and so far nothing has gone wrong. The best news is that her heart is now repaired, and they were able to extubate her right away, which is huge! Sometimes babies with pulmonary hypertension are on a ventilator longer, and it's tricky to get them off.

So now Alyssa is sleeping comfortably thanks to modern medicine. The goal is to keep her sleeping and pain free until tomorrow, but then they will be getting her up to walk around because it is better if they do that. As long no complications arise, she could be out of the hospital in 7 days.

I can't thank you all enough for your love, support and prayers during this whole ordeal. It's as if I could actually feel your warm hugs from all over the world.
Love to you all,
Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Alyssa update! Good News! by Mare749 (Hi everyone,[br]Alys...)
I'm so happy for you and your family. This must have been a very difficult time for all of you. What a relief.
Plenty more where they came from.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
WHEW!!!
Alyssa is like a community grandchild!!! Big hugs to your whole family, Maryann.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Soooooo happy all turned out well! Jean's right, Alyssa is the community grandchild!

I'm convinced that prayer and support are half of the healing, more so as I get older. God bless you all, Maryann!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Alyssa update! Good News! by pjcooks (Soooooo happy all tu...)
What a relief Maryann! I'm a worrier and I worried all morning about that baby...I am so happy she's doing well. More prayers for her continued recovery!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Alyssa update! Good News! by bjcotton (What a relief Maryan...)
This is wonderful! I can sit here reading all your loving comments and just feel hugged over and over again. (and having a big sobby cry of relief at the same time) What a happy day this is for all of my family, cooking family included!

I am going to post Alyssa's blog for anyone who would like to view it. I thought this was a great idea so we didn't have to make so many phone calls today.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Alyssa update! Good News! by Mare749 (This is wonderful! ...)
Oh Maryann, what relief, what blessing, thanks to God Almighty Himself for carrying Allysa through such an ordeal. I am so happy for you all.
That is such good news! Breathing a big sigh of relief for you! Fingers are crossed for a speedy and complete recovery!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
I finally got a break to check on Alyssa's results and I'm delighted to know she did so well.

Proof again that God answers prayers!