Cantaloupe Salad with Crispy Prosciutto
  Re: (...)
Had this for a starter last nite with the Shrimp & Scallop Pizza - this is wonderful for a summer salad and especially tasty followed by the pizza.

This is from Lorraine and her LCBO magazines - thanks Lolly!!

1 medium cantaloupe -- peeled, seeded, and cut into sticks.
1/2 a large English cucumber -- peeled, seeded, and cut into sticks
3 Tbsp port
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp very finely grated fresh ginger
Coarse salt
8 pieces prosciutto (I used 4, broke up one per salad)

Preheat oven to 400F (200C)

Place the melon and cucumber sticks in a bowl and add the port, olive oil, ginger, and salt. Toss to mix, and leave to marinate 1 hour.

Meanwhile, cook proscuitto slices in oven for 10 minutes, turning once until crisp. Let cool.

Toss the melon and cucumber just before serving, and using a slotted spoon, divide the mixture between 4 plates. Top each with 2 slices of crispy prosciutto.

Description:
"Here's one from the LCBO Most can be done ahead of time."

(Lorraine's) NOTES : This was a really nice 1st course. They suggested serving it with Delaforce Rich Tawny Port, which we did. I'll do this again.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Cantaloupe Salad with Crispy Prosciutto by cjs (Had this for a start...)
That is very interesting.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
That sounds interesting... I like proscuitto with melon, so this would be good.
  Re: Re: Cantaloupe Salad with Crispy Prosciutto by HomeCulinarian (That sounds interest...)
I just found this in the camera - I'm ready to make the salad again - it was sure good!

[Image: CANTALOUPESALAD.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, this is quite similar to the recipe I had requested from Billy, which you graciously posted for me.
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: Cantaloupe Salad with Crispy Prosciutto by MUSICMAKER (Jean, this is quite ...)
I didn't notice - I'll have to go look.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cantaloupe Salad with Crispy Prosciutto by cjs (I didn't notice - I'...)
I would have to replace the cucs with raw zucchine, so as not to alter the look of that lovely dish. My word, it does look good.
  Re: Re: Cantaloupe Salad with Crispy Prosciutto by vannin (I would have to repl...)
Doesn't it just, though, Dale, the more I look at it, the more I want to make it. I can almost taste it, can't you?

Guess I'm gonna have to give in...

PJ
PJ