Santa Rosa Plums
  Re: (...)
This is what I asked my friends and neighbors to make sure didn't go to waste...no help at all...

[Image: Plums-1.jpg]

[Image: Plums-3.jpg]

[Image: Plums-2.jpg]
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Santa Rosa Plums by bjcotton (This is what I asked...)
What a waste!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Santa Rosa Plums by cjs (What a waste!!...)
This breaks my heart! Those are gorgeous plums! Billy, maybe they were just too embarrassed to take them?

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Can't even begin to grow them here. What a shame. If I lived next door to you, well, I'd help myself!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Santa Rosa Plums by pjcooks (Can't even begin to ...)
OHHHH How sad! I am dying for some plums this year to make my sweet and sour plum sauce! My source sold their house - we are contimplating going by the new owners and asking for plums....
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
Oh Billy those are so beautiful. What a shame. We're going to have a big fruit salad tonight - peaches, pluots, melon, and some jackfruit. I'll think I died and went to heaven.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Santa Rosa Plums by Harborwitch (Oh Billy those are s...)
Jackfruit! I love it - that was the first time I'd tasted it fresh - at Sharon & Bob's. I've had canned, but the fresh is just wonderful. I have all kinds of seeds to play with.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Santa Rosa Plums by cjs (Jackfruit! I love it...)
I googled Jackfruit - supposedly you can roast or boil the seeds, they're supposed to taste like chestnuts. Also, if you have a lot of room you can start the little seed indoors and then transplant it. They can get huge!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Santa Rosa Plums by Harborwitch (I googled Jackfruit ...)
What a beautiful tree, Billy! Such a shame the neighbors didn't enjoy the plums.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Santa Rosa Plums by Half_Baked (What a beautiful tre...)
Oh they enjoy it Jan, but only if you pick it and take it to them...too damned lazy to walk across the street or next door!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy