Another Town...Another Lunch
  Re: (...)
Had a wonderful lunch at a little bistro in Cambria yesterday.

Roy had a Chicken Club Sandwich ( ) - he's just not real adventurous when he orders for himself... Chipolte aioli, applewood smoked bacon, roasted Anaheim, avocado & tom. It was tasty.

I had two 'starters' that were wonderful - each of them!
Singapore Chicken Sate, cucumber salad (wonderful), house peanut sauce
and
Panko Crusted Tuna Roll, pickled daikon & ginger, and wasabi.

I didn't think the Tuna roll would hold over as well, so I concentrated on it and ate every crumb and brot most of my sate home for breakfast this a.m.

Dessert? Of course - Belgium dark chocolate mousse...oh boy, was that a decadent chocolate!!

Now we're on the way to Ft. Bragg where we probably won't even have electricity, so we'll be 'roughing' it.........in our king size bed, right!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Another Town...Another Lunch by cjs (Had a wonderful lunc...)
Are you staying at the State Park up there???

When I left Fort Bragg the house we lived in had electricity - of course we had pull string lights!

Lunch sounds good! I'd have nailed the tuna roll too! That sounds really good.

If you get a chance to hunt for a really good place for dinner try 955 Ukiah Street. (They have a lovely website) the food is amazing. It's also owned by the brother and Sister in law of an old friend of mine from when we lived up there.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Another Town...Another Lunch by Harborwitch (Are you staying at t...)
Yes, we're staying at the State park - so will probably not have computer usage.....

I'll make note of the restaurant, don't know if we'll even get out of camping clothes while we're there.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Another Town...Another Lunch by cjs (Yes, we're staying a...)
I don't blame you for not getting out of camping clothes. I'd love to be there!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!