Dinner Review: Pan Seared Scallops
  Re: (...)
We really enjoyed this meal. I made a few small changes, though, wanting to use up what was in the fridge.

I knew I wanted a little heat so I dusted my scallops (and shrimp, not called for but they were on hand) with a little flour and cayenne. Perfect. Also used mixed greens cause I had them. I've noticed that C@H sneaks those glazed cherry or grape tomatoes in several of their recipes, and I think that kicks it up a bit.

I'll do it again, next time with some fresh Native Maine shrimp.

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa258...nt=DSCN0495.jpg

PJ
PJ
  Re: Dinner Review: Pan Seared Scallops by pjcooks (We really enjoyed th...)
darn, the time has just gotten away from me and I haven't made this yet!! I apologize for not keeping up - the dish looks delicious, P.J. I know I can't make it in the next three days, but maybe when we get back to civilization, I can....I hope. (anxious to hear how others liked it also.)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Review: Pan Seared Scallops by pjcooks (We really enjoyed th...)
We love scallops, but weren't real crazy about this recipe. First of all, the sauce/dressing wasn't sweet enough for our taste. Ron's comment was that a lot of the new recipes that I try seem to have an awful lot of vinegar in them. So, once again, out came the sweet chili sauce! I used mixed greens also because it was what I had on hand.

I'm thinking that this would be a lot better if I get some of those "dry" scallops that PJ mentioned, because my frozen scallops watered down the dish which didn't help the dressing any. Also, I like PJ's suggestion for dusting with flour and cayenne. That, and a little more sugar would probably remedy what we didn't care for. I will be making this again (with some adjustments) as it's a nice summer dish. We had eggrolls with it, too.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner Review: Pan Seared Scallops by Mare749 (We love scallops, bu...)
Yes, the dry scallops are a must for this dish. They seared up beautifully. The shrimp were a nice last minute addition, too.

Do try it again if you can get the dry scallops.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Dinner Review: Pan Seared Scallops by pjcooks (Yes, the dry scallop...)
That looked delicious PJ. I have to admit I browsed through the rest of the pictures too That Death by Chocolate made my teeth ache Nice photos, how old are the children now?

I hope you all don't mind me sharing in the dinners vicariously for a while. I simply don't have time to do them...quick and easy is more my style for the present.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Dinner Review: Pan Seared Scallops by pjcooks (Yes, the dry scallop...)
PJ, just curious, did you think the dish needed more sugar?

Maryann
Maryann

Re: Re: Dinner Review: Pan Seared Scallops by Mare749 (PJ, just curious, di...)
Eeeerrr! You guys are killing me here! All these seafood dishes sound so good! Everyone here has an allergy to seafood/crustaceans!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: Dinner Review: Pan Seared Scallops by MUSICMAKER (Eeeerrr! You guys a...)
Oh, what a shame, Linda! My nephew has that allergy too, and he can't even go fishing or be in the same room with fish.

Maryann
Maryann

Re: Re: Dinner Review: Pan Seared Scallops by Mare749 (PJ, just curious, di...)
You know, Maryann, I do think it needed more sugar. As a matter of fact I may have added more without thinking about it, cause Mike has quite the sweet tooth, and if a recipe calls for one T, I add 2.

Billy, of course I don't mind you being nosy. Those little boys are now 20, 22 next month and 25. Those other adorable kids are now 48, 49 and 50.

Linda, my little one (yah, the 20 yr old) has a few food allergies, and since my brother is allergic to shellfish, we just never gave him any. It does limit the menu significantly, doesn't it?

Maybe you should choose the next dinner review, if it hasn't already been decreed in some long ago faraway post That way, it's sure to be something you can actually serve to your family!

PJ
  Re: Re: Dinner Review: Pan Seared Scallops by pjcooks (You know, Maryann, I...)
That's a great idea! You pick the next dinner to review so you can join in the fun!

Maryann
Maryann