I don't remember this one......
  Re: (...)
I was looking for the Chile Rellenos and came upon this one. I don't remember it being in Weeknight Menus, but it sure sounds good. Think I'll make it when I get back to Portland. Better dig up all my special editions.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Chicken Bistro Cakes

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Poultry

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
Saute in 3 T. Unsalted Butter -- Cool:
1 cup onion -- diced
1/2 cup celery -- diced
Add -- Stir in; Form; Chill:
2 cups cooked chicken -- chopped
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 T. chopped fresh sage
1 T. chopped fresh thyme
1 1/2 t. kosher salt
1/2 t. black pepper
4 eggs -- beaten
Fry in:
4 T. olive oil -- divided

Preheat oven to 200°.

Saute onion and celery in butter in a medium saute pan over medium-high heat to soften. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.

Add chicken, bread crumbs, and seasonings; stir in the eggs. Form cakes using a packed 1/3-cup measuring cup, lightly pressing to make a 3" cake. Transfer to a parchment-lined and floured baking sheet; chill 15 minutes. Dust cakes with flour.

Fry cakes in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat in 2 batches, using 2 T. oil per batch. Cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes; flip and fry 1-2 more minutes. Keep warm in oven. Shown with Tomato Concassé.

Description:
"Makes: 10 Cakes Total Time: 45 Minutes with Chilling Rating: Easy"
Source: "Weeknight Menus, p. 11"
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: I don't remember this one...... by bjcotton (I was looking for th...)
We tried this and marked it as very good. I didn't have a large biscuit cutter for shaping the cakes, so I took a plastic drinking cup with a wide rim and cut off the rim to use instead. Still have it my gadget drawer.
  Re: I don't remember this one...... by bjcotton (I was looking for th...)
Great minds think alike! I just noticed this recipe yesterday, don't know how I missed it the first time. In the queu-

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: I don't remember this one...... by pjcooks (Great minds think al...)
Is it great minds PJ or CRS?

Billy
  Re: Re: I don't remember this one...... by bjcotton (Is it great minds PJ...)
Quote:

Is it great minds PJ or CRS?

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: I don't remember this one...... by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Tonight is the night for the Chicken Bistro Cakes! We had a bucket of KFC night before last and there is quite a bit left. So I'm going to strip it out and make the cakes this afternoon along with the Tomato Concassé. While I'm about the mise en place I'm going to go out to Jack and Florence's personal garden and browse through all that's there.

When I told Jack and Florence about the herbs and olive oil mixture they said to take all the herbs I wanted and if I had a little left over they'd appreciate some...bet your boots there will be some left over

Billy
  Re: Re: I don't remember this one...... by bjcotton (Tonight is the night...)
I was just going to jump all over you for not letting me know how these came out, but then I remembered you probably just finished lunch. Sounds really good w/the KFC (still one of my favorites but I haven't eatten it in 5 yrs)

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: I don't remember this one...... by pjcooks (I was just going to ...)
Marilee and her hubby came home with lots of leftovers from the family get together this weekend, so we had those for supper...ah well, it'll give the flavors a chance to blend

Billy
  Re: Re: I don't remember this one...... by bjcotton (Marilee and her hubb...)
I rather like Kentucky fried. We had some about 3 weeks ago, and it was jolly good. Christie brought home two family things, and there was plenty of us to gobble on. I understand the left overs were seen too about 4am.
  Re: Re: I don't remember this one...... by vannin (I rather like Kentuc...)
Quote:

I rather like Kentucky fried. We had some about 3 weeks ago, and it was jolly good. Christie brought home two family things, and there was plenty of us to gobble on. I understand the left overs were seen too about 4am.

Good stuff, isn't it, Dale, especially w/their cole slaw. Good thing there isn't one here in town or I'd eat it more often. I've always thought of KFC as comfort food. When I was growing up, my parents would stop by the Dover KFC and then we'd sit by the Rochester airport to watch the planes come and go. I remember lots of napkins

Still good stuff, and lots of memories.

PJ
PJ