Steaks
  Re: (...)
This is probably a very silly question, but what is a "strip" steak? The gal at the supermarket didn't even know.
  Re: Steaks by unopatricia (This is probably a v...)
It is cut from the loin. Look at a "T" bone steak--the long side is the strip and the small side is the filet. The strip is very flavorful and along with the flank steak my favorites.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Steaks by unopatricia (This is probably a v...)
Welcome Patricia! Glad you could join us. Lots of recipes, information, and just plain fun here.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Steaks by Old Bay (It is cut from the l...)
Okay you two who answered, that makes sense and also sounds a little on the pricey side. I will also clue in the gal at the market in case she ever gets asked that question again.
I appreciate your taking the time to answer. Thanks and will be checking back in from time to time.
  Re: Re: Steaks by unopatricia (Okay you two who ans...)
A good steak may seem pricey, but it is all meat, and as good to eat as it is easy to prepare.
  Re: Re: Steaks by vannin (A good steak may see...)
I tried a couple of chuckeye steaks the other day. They were quite good and much cheaper than others.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Steaks by vannin (A good steak may see...)
I'm a card carrying carnivore!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Steaks by Old Bay (I'm a card carrying ...)
DH is as well-----any is great in this house----'specially if it is RED!!!!!

I have been cutting back a bit on that though----cholesterol levels are to be controlled for the time being----and it's working!!!! DR next week so we shall see how my diet changes have worked-----will let you know--- I love the seafood challenges---we are seafood nuts!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy