Need recipe for Chocolate Bread Pudding
  Re: (...)
I am looking for the recipe for Chocolate Bread Pudding from issue 55?

TIA
Linda
  Re: Need recipe for Chocolate Bread Pudding by Emmasmum (I am looking for the...)
Here ya go:

Chocolate Bread Pudding
(Cuisine at home, February 2006, Issue 55, p. 48-49)

Makes: One 9-inch Round (7 Cups) Total Time: About 1 1/2 Hours Rating: Easy

Melt:
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (12 oz.)
1 cup brown sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, cubed

Whisk Together; Pour over:
2 cups whole or 2% milk
3 eggs
2 T. vanilla extract
2 t. instant espresso powder
1/2 t. table salt
13 slices Texas toast, staled and cut into 1 inch cubes (1 lb.)

Fold in:
Chocolate mixture

Preheat oven to 350° coat a 9" springform pan with 1 T. softened unsalted butter.

Melt chocolate chips with the sugar and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir frequently until chips are smooth, about 8 minutes.

Whisk milk, eggs, vanilla, espresso, and salt together and pour over bread cubes. Toss well so the bread absorbs most of the liquid and begins to lose its shape.

Fold the melted chocolate into the bread mixture, then transfer to the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour, or until the center springs back when gently pressed. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes, remove the sides of the pan, and slice.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Need recipe for Chocolate Bread Pudding by bjcotton (Here ya go:[br][br]C...)
I made this for a friends' cookout, and everyone loved it. I used some day old bread I had made, and the 2 c of milk was a combo of milks and creams I wanted to use up.

And topped it off w/a little chocolate Kahlua sauce

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Need recipe for Chocolate Bread Pudding by bjcotton (Here ya go:[br][br]C...)
Thank you. Husband loves bread pudding and i thought this would be scrummy ;-)