My Chicken Eggs Are........
  Re: (...)
bigger than your chicken eggs! I went to the store the other day to get some eggs and was astounded to see prices of $3.04 for a dozen large eggs, up to $3.95 for a dozen jumbo eggs. I noticed some different eggs sitting on the side, they were Super Jumbo eggs, 10 for $2.40. So I bought two cartons of them. One of those eggs, hard-cooked, weighed in at 2.8 ounces and the others averaged around 2.4 ounces. They are from a special breed of chickens from Wilsox Farms.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: My Chicken Eggs Are........ by bjcotton (bigger than your chi...)
Billy, I'm a little shocked at the price of eggs out your way. I can buy a dozen extra-large Amish farm eggs for $1.29. Is there a shortage of chickens out in the Northwest?

Anyway, your jumbo sized eggs sound pretty cool.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: My Chicken Eggs Are........ by Mare749 (Billy, I'm a little ...)
Nope, no shortage of chickens. I can buy 5 dozen XL eggs for $5.29, but one dozen costs your first born Being as Buddy is my first born, I'll do without eggs

Billy
  Re: Re: My Chicken Eggs Are........ by bjcotton (Nope, no shortage of...)
Aha! Buddy pops up again. 'bout time, you haven't spoken of him for ages. Why does 1 doz cost more than 5 doz?
  Re: My Chicken Eggs Are........ by bjcotton (bigger than your chi...)
Wow, a dozen lg eggs cost 89-99 cents here. Those prices could put a crimp in the budget, couldn't they?

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: My Chicken Eggs Are........ by pjcooks (Wow, a dozen lg eggs...)
Ouch! That is high. They are about the same here, PJ, even the Amish or the no hormone, no antibiotics, organics, etc. What is really high here is milk!!! Going for $4.99/gal when just about a week or so ago it was $1.50/gal. We even have quite a few dairy farms around here. Big jump.
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: My Chicken Eggs Are........ by MUSICMAKER (Ouch! That is high....)
Linda, what do you think that's all about??? My grandbabies still drink a lot of milk, in fact, it's their favorite beverage.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: My Chicken Eggs Are........ by Mare749 (Linda, what do you t...)
There has been some talk about milk prices going up here because of the increased price of feed and gasoline to transport it. It's up to about $3.59 a gallon here now and expected to go up shortly.

Billy
  Re: Re: My Chicken Eggs Are........ by MUSICMAKER (Ouch! That is high....)
Quote:

Going for $4.99/gal when just about a week or so ago it was $1.50/gal.

Milk's been holding steady @2.58 gal. Suppose that will change, though, and we'll catch up w/the rest of you.

Someone has to pay for that gas

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: My Chicken Eggs Are........ by bjcotton (There has been some ...)
Quote:

There has been some talk about milk prices going up here because of the increased price of feed and gasoline to transport it.

Yeah, that may be true about the gas, but, as I stated in my post, there are dairy farms LITERALLY right around the corner here!!! Are we expected to pay for "transportation" from the cow to the dairy case right there at the farm!!!??? Thought that was body fuel, not mack truck! You're right, Maryann...they know they've got us, just like the gas...they know ya gotta get to wherever ya gotta get to! And milk IS the "perfect drink". It's just so irritating when "they" do things like this. Heck, the way we go thru milk here, may as well go buy us a gernesy!!! It'll pay for itself in a week or so!!!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda