DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD SALSA RECIPE TO USE FOR
  Re: (...)
CANNING? I'm looking to do something else with the tomatoes this year in addition to the usual tomato sauce and tomatoes. Does anyone have a good salsa recipe that would withstand the canning process??? Thanks!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD SALSA RECIPE TO USE FOR by MUSICMAKER (CANNING? I'm lookin...)
Linda, I do have a good one at home (not on M.C.) that I used to call our 'winter salsa' that I canned every fall. It calls for either fresh or good canned tomatoes.

IF you have not gotten a recipe you want by the time we get home (probably by the 4th - Friday), I'll be glad to post it for you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD SALSA RECIPE TO USE FOR by cjs (Linda, I do have a g...)
Thanks, Jean...would like to have it, if you don't mind. Can wait til you return. I would like to make all the recipes that anyone will post and have the family choose their favorite and of course would like to do this before canning begins. Will keep an eye out for your recipe after next week. Thanks!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD SALSA RECIPE TO USE FOR by MUSICMAKER (Thanks, Jean...would...)
Jean - I would like the recipe too.

Here is a really good canning recipe I make every year. Great served over cream cheese.

Tomato Chutney - Medium Hot

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
12 medium tomato -- peeled and chopped
4 medium onion -- chopped
2 large green pepper -- chopped
6 medium Granny Smith apples -- peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic -- minced
2 tablespoons ginger -- grated
3 large jalapeno -- seeded and chopped
3 cups brown sugar
3 cups cider vinegar
1 cup dried cherries
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Place all of the ingredients in a large non-reactive stockpt and bringthe
mixture to a boil.

Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, strring occasionally for 20
minutes or until chutney is thick.

Spoon or ladle the chutney into clean, hot jars. Cap the jars and process
in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.

Description:
"Serve with grilled meats, on a sandwich or as an appetizer with cream
cheese or brie"
Yield:
"8 pints"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : Use a combinations of cherries and golden raisins

Use a combination of Walla Walla and regular yellow
onions.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD SALSA RECIPE TO USE FOR by cjs (Linda, I do have a g...)
Quote:

Linda, I do have a good one at home (not on M.C.) that I used to call our 'winter salsa' that I canned every fall. It calls for either fresh or good canned tomatoes.

IF you have not gotten a recipe you want by the time we get home (probably by the 4th - Friday), I'll be glad to post it for you.

Jean, if you wouldn't mind posting this when you have a chance, would appreciate it. Thanks!

Erin, that chutney sounds good. Will make it and let you know how the fam likes it. We're open to trying almost anything and this year looking for "different" recipes to break up the hum-drum. Thanks!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD SALSA RECIPE TO USE FOR by MUSICMAKER ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I'm home, will try to look for it today or tomorrow.

Erin, that one sounds good also!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD SALSA RECIPE TO USE FOR by cjs (I'm home, will try t...)
Quote:

I'm home, will try to look for it today or tomorrow.

THANKS, JEAN!

Buon Appetito!

Linda