A True Saying
  Re: (...)
I have a t-shirt that says, "The only reason some people are alive is because it's against the law to kill them!" Last weekend the 800 pound gorilla was home and asked me to get 2 bags of ice while I was out and about [he bought the materials to connect the icemaker in our new 'frig a couple of months ago, still not installed]. So, I did. He put one bag into the ice dispenser and the other in the small freezer in the garage. A few days later the dispenser was out of ice so I went to the small freezer intending to get the second bag. The door of the freezer was standing open about an inch and many of the items were thawed. This was the second time he had done that. I closed the door and when he arrived here in Portland last Friday I told him to take everything, including the two turkeys, out of the 'frig and throw it all away. I keep all the poultry, pork, broths, etc in this freezer. I might not have killed him, but he would have been severely maimed.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: A True Saying by bjcotton (I have a t-shirt tha...)
It's too bad someone else's carelessness led to such a costly end. I would have been mad about having to replace meat, but that can be rebought. However, if I had to replace my homemade stocks, heads would indeed roll.

I hope after all this, he finally hooked up the icemaker

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: A True Saying by pjcooks (It's too bad someone...)
Not a chance PJ. I doubt he even remembers where the parts for the icemaker are. Probably have to figure it out myself....hell, if I can change out a stainless steel double sink and replace it with a Kohler cast iron enameled double, I should be able to hook up an icemaker...ya think?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: A True Saying by bjcotton (Not a chance PJ. I ...)
I think! Michael hooked up mine in my former condo, and once the swearing cleared the air, it worked great!!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: A True Saying by pjcooks (I think! Michael ho...)
Piece a cake, Billy---you can manage anything---just follow the directions on the installation sheet---if the gorilla didn't throw that out!!!

I installed an icemaker thingy many years ago (when I lived in Massachusetts and every thing was available, including a plumber friend by phone for backup)----quite easy--now if I could figure out how to replace the water dispenser on my fridge without making a call to Gaggenau I would be truly happy---not a chance here, though---I am having a conspiracy moment!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: A True Saying by Roxanne 21 (Piece a cake, Billy-...)
He's a lucky ape! I'da killed him, twice

If he threw the instruction sheet out just look on the web - I've found manuals etc. on line for all the appliances that came with this house.

The house actually has a hookup built in in the kitchen for an icemaker - but the fridge with the icemaker is in the garage. Oh well.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!