Anyone have a flip down TV
  Re: (...)
in their kitchen? I've been living here for two years now, and the kitchen is located between the LR and the Game Room, aka the DR. I'm constantly bombarded by computer games in my right ear and a ball game in my left. Cable hookup is no problem, have plenty of connections above the counters. Sooo, I'm just gonna go buy myself one.

Any ideas out there?

PJ
PJ
  Re: Anyone have a flip down TV by pjcooks (in their kitchen? I...)
DUH!!! Sure wish I could help from the third world--- anxious to see responses though........we are lucky to have radio transmission on a good day!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Anyone have a flip down TV by Roxanne 21 (DUH!!! Sure wish I...)
Quote:

DUH!!! we are lucky to have radio transmission on a good day!!!

And I'm complaining because we have too much transmission. Well, I wouldn't mind if they put a cooking show on every now and again!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Anyone have a flip down TV by pjcooks (in their kitchen? I...)
I have a wall-mounted TV in my kitchen. I like to listen to the news when I cook dinner, but it's not a flipdown. It is a flat screen mounted to the stud in the wall. The installation was more expensive that the TV itself. But I do love it.
  Re: Re: Anyone have a flip down TV by lxxf (I have a wall-mounte...)
I have a small under-the-cabinet tv in my kitchen. It's not a flat screen, but it's called a spacemaker and the screen is 8x6 inches. I've had it for 8 to 10 years now, and have never been sorry we put it in. I like to watch Ellen at 4:00 when I'm doing early prep for dinner, or the news if it's later, or food network if there is a show on that I haven't seen. Ron turns it on in the morning while he's drinking his coffee before work and watches whatever is on at 6:30 a.m. Now that flat-screens are out, I would LOVE to have one of those!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Anyone have a flip down TV by Mare749 (I have a small under...)
We're talking about putting a computer in the kitchen for me - with my flatscreen monitor. We could put a TV card in the computer and hook up satellite to it - it's possible, but all I have to do is look through the "window" over the kitchen sink and I can see the TV in the "great room" - Jennifer moved her 45" TV in so I can really see it!!!

When we were managing the marina I had a TV on top of the refer in the kitchen. It was perfect, I could watch what I wanted - no matter what was on in the living room.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Anyone have a flip down TV by Harborwitch (We're talking about ...)
Sharon, that's pretty neat! 45" TV, wow. I wish The Picky One had thought of building a tv in the kitchen, after all, he built one in the bathroom. (There's a jacuzzi in there, I think it may have been used once in 6 yrs)

Maryann, your little SpaceSaver sounds good. Guess I'll have to go shopping, something I'm not too fond of.

Unless it's a food store

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Anyone have a flip down TV by pjcooks (Sharon, that's prett...)
PJ, I get pretty impatient shopping these days and do a lot of online shopping first. I don't always purchase online, but sometimes I shop around for the best price and to see what they carry. Circuit City and Best Buy come to mind for electronics. That way you can see what's on sale and where, before you go out running around.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Anyone have a flip down TV by Mare749 (PJ, I get pretty imp...)
My flat screen was on a kitchen counter for a while after we moved in and what a pain - it was behind my back when I worked. Now it's mounted on a 'side' wall and I can enjoy it from just about any angle in the kitchen. I sure enjoy it. Especially as we now eat in the kitchen at the island and can watch the news.

We are all so spoiled.... (but, we deserve it!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com