What's For Dinner????
  Re: (...)
Last night on the road, halibut thawed out and darn if the wind isn't blowing too much to grill with my little rinky-dink grill!! So, looked thru my Master Cook for some ideas - BECAUSE I CAN'T EVEN GET ON THE INTERNET ON MY COMPUTER!!!! - down to three choices -

Halibut Royale - Baked with panko and spread with mayo & green onions.

Sauteed Halibut with Three-Color Peppers & Spanish Olives -

Macadamia Encrusted Halibut with Pineapple Chutney (w/out the chutney tho almost nothing fresh left in the frig.

and I guess whatever with rice with pine nuts and cranberries..... not the least bit exciting.

So, what are you all up to? (just looked at clock - it's 2:15 here, so most of you have already had dinner...

So, what did you all have for dinner????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner???? by cjs (Last night on the ro...)
Let's see, leftover prime rib from Sat nite, leftover whole wheat pasta w/loads of fresh veggies and basil and Parm/Reg, and (bad me) half a hot dog

That mac nut halibut sounds like a good idea!

PJ
PJ
  Re: What's For Dinner???? by cjs (Last night on the ro...)
I think wasabi pea crusted salmon, quinoa with dried cranberries and pistachios, salad. I think that'll do it.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner???? by pjcooks (Let's see, leftover ...)
Well, I am in the process of cooking the Chicken Bistro Patties, sure do taste good. I'll set up a plate and take a picture for you....you'll have to wait until after supper for a review though
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner???? by bjcotton (Well, I am in the pr...)
We had osso bucca(sp) last night with choice of mash or rice. Tonight we will have some of Lizzies homekill lamb. So tender. Today we are going to Glennys' for (probably) a roast dinner, I do hope she has pumpkin.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner???? by vannin (We had osso bucca(sp...)
We had the best stuffed cabbages on the planet. My in-laws make them a couple of times a year and always send some over to us because they know we love them and it's not something that I enjoy making.

Ron brought home some really good italian bread and fresh corn that the market claims is Ohio grown! A little early, but maybe not for southern Ohio. It was the best corn we've had in a very long time. He roasted it in the husks on the grill for about 20 minutes. Yummy!

Now, we're drinking jasmine tea and eating peanut M&M's.
Kind of a strange dinner, but it was good.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."