Garden Goodies! To The Top For Daphne
  Re: (...)
Look what Roy found at the market yesterday!!!! will have fun with this today.

[Image: GIANT.jpg]

...and later all the zucchini blossoms were calling to me...

[Image: ZUCC.jpg]

God, I love summer!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Garden Goodies! To The Top For Daphne by cjs (Look what Roy found ...)
Mmmmmmmm! I haven't picked up any heirlooms this year yet. Looks like I might not have very many tomatoes as they are getting munched by something!!

Love the frog too!
Lori
http://www.RecipeGirl.com

"Everything tastes better with wine"
Wow, Jean! What did that weigh in at? A 5#-er??!!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: More Garden Goodies! by MUSICMAKER (Wow, Jean! What did...)
That is the ugliest tomato I've ever seen! How are you going to get it past your eyes to your mouth?

I want that frog! Guess I'm $hi+ out of luck though huh?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Oh my---you sure do things in a huge, interesting way there in the Straits--don't cha!!

Love that Kermit---it almost looks like a chocolate goodie (can you tell I love chocolate???)

The zucchini blossoms look really good--are they tempurad??(not correct spelling, I know!) I don't think I have ever seen the real thing--just pics.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: More Garden Goodies! by Roxanne 21 (Oh my---you sure do ...)
It weighed in at 2 1/4 lbs. and it's so good and tasty - what a tomato ought to taste like.

[Image: HEIRLOOMSLICE.jpg]

With part of it, I made Bacon, Basil, Tomato & P.butter Sandwiches - oh my, the slices hung over the toast!!

[Image: SANDWICHONE.jpg]

The other slices we're having with dinner tonite -
a couple of gorgeous slices topped with a vinaigrette of olive oil, lime & little dry mustard and sprinkled with minced poblanos.

Roxanne, the batter for the zucc blossoms is -
2/3 cup flour
1 cup club soda
1 beaten egg
salt

It's a nice and light batter for veggies.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: More Garden Goodies! by cjs (It weighed in at 2 1...)
My goodness, Jean! I can almost taste that tomato! And that sandwich looks scrumptious, although I have never put peanut butter on a BLT before. Guess I'll have to try that!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Oh Jean, I can just taste that wonderful tomato! Mine aren;t ripe yet but I've been buying local tomatoes to make my most favorite thing-- tomato, fresh mozz, and basil salad dressed simply with kosher salt, cracked black pepper, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Now that's what summer tastes like!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: More Garden Goodies! by foodfiend (Oh Jean, I can just ...)
Would love a slice on a toasted slice of tank bread, just warmed through, and topped with bacon, a large mushroom, and lightly poached egg. Then I could have a couple of hours sleep.
  Re: Re: More Garden Goodies! by cjs (It weighed in at 2 1...)
I'm going to use that recipe when I can do a fry again---it looks so light that it may not be a problem--whuduya think?

You can send the remainder of that tomato along---FedEx works for me--- Nothing like a great home grown tomato at the peak of the season---I'm salivating!!! Peanut butter and tomato? Hmmm--now that sounds interesting
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy