Mom's Chrusciki recipe (aka as Angel Wings)
  Re: (...)
I have no idea where my mom got this recipe, as it's old and faded and handwritten, but I remember her making these from the time I was a little kid. She would make the angel food cake first, then always use the yolks for these. So good!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Chrusciki aka Angel Wings

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
4 cups flour
1 cup sour cream
8 egg yolks
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Sift flour into bowl and make a well. Beat egg yolks and add to flour along with sour cream. Turn the dough out on a floured board. Knead until smooth and elastic. Let rest in a cool place for about an hour.

Divide the dough and roll out 1/8" thick. Cut into 2 x 4 inch strips. Cut a 1" hole in the middle of each strip. Pass one end of the strip through it, to make a bow knot. Fry in melted shortening 375 until golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper. Dust with powdered sugar when cool.

Enjoy!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Mom's Chrusciki recipe (aka as Angel Wings) by Mare749 (I have no idea where...)
Got it, thank you!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Mom's Chrusciki recipe (aka as Angel Wings) by Mare749 (I have no idea where...)
Thanks, Maryann! The kids LOVE these, in fact, at the market the other day they wanted me to buy some but they were stale. I always wanted to make these but never found a recipe. Thought they were made with egg whites because of how light and airy they are! Have the yolks in the frig from the angel food cake made this morning and this is where they are going! Thanks for sharing this recipe!!!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
What a great sounding little munchy, Maryann!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mom's Chrusciki recipe (aka as Angel Wings) by cjs (What a great soundin...)
Thanks for posting the recipe. They are addictive, Jean! I worked with a few Ukranian ladies who would bring in huge containers of them. Gone in no time!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.