Question about August 6 th Dinner
  Re: (...)
I am joining in for my first dinner on the forum and I was wondering is it ok if I do it another night or does it have to be done that date? I have never participated and was not sure. TIA

Linda
  Re: Question about August 6 th Dinner by Emmasmum (I am joining in for ...)
Linda, we're pretty loose about that, the date of posting the review is the 6th, but many will chime in later. Some do it right away, others afterwards, it doesn't matter. The conversation tends to ramble on for a few days afterwards, so don't worry about it! The advantage to waiting and reading everyones' reviews is you may benefit from their experience.

Have fun with it!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Question about August 6 th Dinner by pjcooks (Linda, we're pretty ...)
Fantastic. I am looking forward to it (love anything with feta)but was actually surprised by neighbors and taken to late lunch for husbands birthday and going to have to use the chops for tonights dinner tomorrow night ;-)
  Re: Re: Question about August 6 th Dinner by Emmasmum (Fantastic. I am loo...)
Linda, I'm glad you are joining in on the fun! For those of us who enjoy cooking, it's a nice change of pace to try a new menu, especially when it's something that you might not normally think of making. The best part is when you are pleasantly surprised by the new dish. Have fun and be sure to post your review whenever you do make it.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Question about August 6 th Dinner by Mare749 (Linda, I'm glad you ...)
Some of the dinners we've done have been a real eye opener and we've really enjoyed them. Not all of us like the same things and lately I've had to participate vicariously but I still can taste these dishes through your descriptions.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Question about August 6 th Dinner by bjcotton (Some of the dinners ...)
"The conversation tends to ramble on for a few days afterwards," - excuse me, we 'ramble'???? Whatever could you mean...

I still haven't made the previous review dinner, but I will - eventually! I've made this one tho....it's the day of the review and no one has posted their review yet, so guess I will when I get to the top of the postings....if no one else has by then.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Question about August 6 th Dinner by Emmasmum (Fantastic. I am loo...)
Years ago I was helping my mother set the table for a family party and saw that she had purchased crumbled blue cheese and feta cheese. I got small crystal serving bowls and put the cheese in them and placed them on the table. When my mother went rummaging through the 'fridge looking for the cheeses, I said don't worry it's a feta compli- (fait acomplis-French for it's already been done)!
  Re: I always make a bad joke in Greek by lxxf (Years ago I was help...)

Only a person who loves food would get this!! (I hate the term "foodie")

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Question about August 6 th Dinner by cjs ("The conversation te...)
Yah, Jean, you need to try the last one, I know it was good, but I can't remember exactly what it was

Too lazy at the moment to look it up

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Question about August 6 th Dinner by pjcooks (Yah, Jean, you need ...)
(scallops) - don't you miss your mind, PJ?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com