Summer eatting in it's purest form-
  Re: (...)
[Image: DSCN0502-1.jpg]

Well, almost. I wait all year to be able to eat like this. Grab some of my tomatoes, basil, other herbs, get a summer squash from the farm next door, lightly saute in a bit of butter, and add a little homemade mozz.

Sometimes the simplest things are the best.

Heaven.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Summer eatting in it's purest form- by pjcooks ([img]http://i197.pho...)
That looks positively delicious Patti. Neither Fredia nor the 800 lb gorilla like summer squash and Paul doesn't like cooked tomatoes. Sucks huh?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Summer eatting in it's purest form- by pjcooks ([img]http://i197.pho...)
Looks fantastic! Just beautiful.

I have been grilling my zuks with onion and peppers - yum! Toss tomatoes and mozz. with olive oil and balsamic basil - toss everything together. Also, last night I sauted tomatoes, a little garlic and then wilted fresh spinach over it - served it with chicken cutlets and artichoke hearts - so good. I just wish my tomatoes were ripe. Will be quite a while yet.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Summer eatting in it's purest form- by bjcotton (That looks positivel...)
That does look delicious, PJ! Very nice picture, makes me hungry. You couldn't have said it any better, this is summer eating in it's purest form....and so satisfying too.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Summer eatting in it's purest form- by Mare749 (That does look delic...)
Bought some local tomatoes since mine are taking their good ol' time...

My favorite summer dish in the whole, wide world!

[Image: e835d199.jpg]

Fresh tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil... this was later dressed with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and some s&p. Ahhhhh...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Summer eatting in it's purest form- by foodfiend (Bought some local to...)
I am so drooling!! Keep the pic's coming. They are wonderful
  Re: Re: Summer eatting in it's purest form- by foodfiend (Bought some local to...)
Nice, Vicci!

Only my grape tomatoes are ripe, but my Better Boys are beginning to turn. My Early Girls aren't quite, ripe or early, that is. (Gotta slap some sense into them). Romas are coming along as Romas do.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Summer eatting in it's purest form- by esgunn (Looks fantastic! J...)
Erin, sounds good to me! As much fun as it is to dive into new multi step recipes, it's just as much fun to wing it, isn't it?

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Summer eatting in it's purest form- by pjcooks (Erin, sounds good to...)
Sometimes simple can't be beaten!! Looks so good.

Erin, it's a shame you're not over here in the "blue hole" I'm now picking tomatoes!!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Summer eatting in it's purest form- by bjcotton (That looks positivel...)
No sweetie - that just means more for you!

That looks so good! Bob and I will have to have that soon!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!